Old 21 May 18, 06:44 AM  
Link to this Post
lardypops
Apprentice Imagineer

lardypops's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Camera advice

Hi need a new camera for our trip this year, ideally one where I can get some video of the kids also. Can anyone recommend one that doesn't cost the earth, but of a novice with anything tech!
lardypops is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

We have a canon powershot - well worth the money for a bridge camera that takes lovely photos and video.
jndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

We take two. A Panasonic FZ200 Bridge camera which is invariably on auto and takes awesome pictures whilst having loads of zoom and also an Olympus TG-4 underwater, shockproof pretty much unbreakable camera that has adequate zoom, but fits in a pouch on the belt of my shorts, thus I can forget about it unless I need it... absolutely anywhere including of course, underwater.

In short, any decent Bridge camera or an Olympus tough.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Kasalic
Excited about Disney

To be honest I used to take a Canon DSLR for 'action' shots in the park, and then I bought a Canon Powershot over there, which had a 10x zoom but was still small (about the size of a pack of playing cards).

Last two trips I've dropped both and just use my iPhone, as I cannot be bothered to carry the other cameras, and I always have my phone with me!

You might want to look at the Go Pro range as an 'off the wall' suggestion. Great for video, but not sure how useful they are for photos.
June 2015 - 14 days - Silver Creek, Clermont
Sept 2016 - 14 days - Gulf Coast
January 2019 - 16 days - Kissimmee
August 2019 - 7 days - I Drive
Kasalic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

We have an Olympus Tough TG-4 as above! Yep its pretty much unbreakable. I've always been happy with the quality too. For me it being waterproof is an absolute must!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
andythewookie
Excited about Disney

I like a compact super zoom as it fits in a pocket or belt case, no need to remove it for rides, but would recommend one with a viewfinder as it is hard to see the screens in bright sunshine, Panasonic TZ60/70/80/90 will all do the job, just pick which one is in your price range and available, the lower numbers are now "old models" but still on sale in some places.
Old 22 May 18, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by andythewookie View Post
I like a compact super zoom as it fits in a pocket or belt case, no need to remove it for rides, but would recommend one with a viewfinder as it is hard to see the screens in bright sunshine, Panasonic TZ60/70/80/90 will all do the job, just pick which one is in your price range and available, the lower numbers are now "old models" but still on sale in some places.
This. These Panasonics are great.
Others are suggesting bridge cameras. This may have been the way to go a number or years ago, but to now. Compacts have caught and overtaken bridge cameras and they have the benefits of being lighter and more compact.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List