Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 30 May 18, 01:20 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Animal Kingdom lodge warning re cleanliness

Hi dibbers.

Just a little advice re animal kingdom lodge.

When you get to your room I would check how clean your room is.

We have just come back from a brilliant disney holiday. The only bad thing was Animal Kingdom Lodge and their standards.

All my advice would be is seriously look at alternative deluxe options if you can. Ps. The view is amazing though. Ask any thing you want.

Ohh and reliable mugs can be a big big walk depending where you are in the hotel. Only one on the bottom floor.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 18, 05:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
I haven’t stayed there but never heard any comments re cleanliness. Did you let them know there was a problem?
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 18, 06:42 AM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Oh thats sad!...I think Disney standards have definitely slipped!... We found this at the Poly last year,so bad we moved!...
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 18, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Licoricelover
Excited about Disney

I have been staying at Animal kingdom Lodge ever since it first opened. We loved it so much we bought into DVC in 2009. I have never had an issue with the rooms not being clean at either the main hotel or DVC.
However, we did have a problem at the Contemporary one year where they had not cleaned Well or changed the sheets on the sofa bed. We phoned housekeeping and they made a note and changed them immediately.
I think you can have housekeeping problems at any of the hotels and be unlucky with a room but it would not put me off from staying there unless the problem was not rectified immediately or the room changed.
Licoricelover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 18, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

We’re also owners at Animal Kingdom Villas and always stay in Jambo house, we’ve never had an issue with cleanliness here but Art of Animation was a disgrace and I called back the house keeping a few times - there was visible rubbish on the floor that she didn’t bother picking up twice, cobwebs hanging from the ceiling and a very hairy bath. In the end the housekeeping manager stood at the door while she cleaned
Old 30 May 18, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh no what a shame! We've just got back from Kidani two days ago and found it's spotless so it's a real dissapointment that Jambo is so bad seen as they are next door.
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 18, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Licoricelover View Post
I have been staying at Animal kingdom Lodge ever since it first opened. We loved it so much we bought into DVC in 2009. I have never had an issue with the rooms not being clean at either the main hotel or DVC.
However, we did have a problem at the Contemporary one year where they had not cleaned Well or changed the sheets on the sofa bed. We phoned housekeeping and they made a note and changed them immediately.
I think you can have housekeeping problems at any of the hotels and be unlucky with a room but it would not put me off from staying there unless the problem was not rectified immediately or the room changed.
I have to agree, we’ve never had an issue with cleanliness as AKL...been going since 2007...really hope this hasn’t changed! However, we thought the Poly wasn’t the cleanest tbh on our last trip and that was after it’s most recent refurb! Feel bad for the OP though as its not nice to be getting anything less than an amazing experience when paying for it and looking forward to it so much 😕

Edited at 08:20 AM.
-kat- is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 18, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

We have stayed at Jambo House twice in recent years but thankfully never had cleanliness issues - booked again for next year so will keep an eye out
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 18, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Just to maybe add a bit of balance. I’ve stayed at 6 different Disney hotels some multiple times and have had cleaning which ranges from exceptional (OKW) to poor (POFQ). Equally I’ve had good cleaning at POFQ. Most trips the clean has been fine. I’ve reached the conclusion that there can be issues with the quality of work of individual cleaners rather than there been a resort wide issue. After 4 days of nothing but bed making at POFQ (I was tipping daily) I left a polite note day 5 that I would be reporting the sub par service if it didn’t improve that day. Cleaning was fine every day after that, no hanging around at the front desk complaining and no cleaner got into trouble hopefully.
Old 30 May 18, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
GoofyPrincess
Proud to wear my Ears

I imagine it would be the same as if you stayed in any hotel.
If you are unlucky and get a bad cleaner then that's all it is ... luck.

Other than spot checks the Mousekeeping supervisor wouldn't check every single room so probably need guests to complain before they are aware of a problem
GoofyPrincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List