Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 22 Jul 18, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
florida 2018
I want to go now!

Das pass & wheelchairs access

Hi Im just wanting some info on how people in wheelchairs now queue in the new system of the Das pass, When I went in 2011 I was pre double lung transplant due to having cystic fibrosis & in my wheelchair. I had my Transplant in Aug 2013 & have just been back this year. We got a das pass as I cannot be in the sun for long due to my anti rejection tablets making my skin very thin & prone to getting skin cancer if I dont cover up in the sun with lashing of sun screen on. We went in May, the queues were bad, didnt know they had the max 30 min queue wait, or return policy, we had to return in 2 hours for some rides when using the Das pass. Which I was told by the guy at FOP ride that was a more fairer system for everyone. I didnt realise everything had to be fp months in advance. The only things we could get on the day was 6.30 for splash mountain & 9;30 for space mountain. Then you can only book to start off with then keep adding one as you use one. I did not have internet for my mobile, so had to queue at the machines. I dont like to plan what I am eating & exactly where I will be in the part at any given time months in advance. You are stuck to a time table then. I only saw one lady queuing in an electric wheelchair for the runaway train, there was no way she was going to get to the top so they took her out of the queue, which is why I wondered if you did not go to the exit of the ride anymore if you were in a wheelchair.

The disney love affair that I have had for the last 14 times I have been is now gone with the whole fast pass system.
florida 2018 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 18, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
florida 2018
I want to go now!

Sorry I should have said that I am not in a wheelchair now, but I do get tired & especially in the heat.
florida 2018 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 18, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Maddy50
Trying for More Ears

We are not doing disney this time for the exact same reason, my husband doesn't like have to be at a certain place at a certain time when's he's on holiday. I couldn't convince him that fast passes were a good idea. I think I will really miss not going once I am there.
Maddy50 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 18, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
florida 2018
I want to go now!

Maddy50, we have done it before & not gone to disney, however you can still get a disney fix at the disney springs, although the main shop is being refurbished atm, they only have half of it open now, but since we have been in May they have completed half of it.

We had an undated 7 day pass (old style disney ticket, not available now apparently) it had one day on it. So in a whole day getting to the park at 9.15 leaving at 7.30pm, we got on 6 rides, only used fp once in hollywood studios on tower of terror, which the lady who we got the Das pass booked for us when we arrived & by the time we arrived we could on it. Then we walked to star tours & used the Das pass, then went to animal kingdom where the fun began. FOP done on Das pass, but had to return 90 mins later to use it, in the meantime we queued for another ride in pandora for just over 100 mins. Came out of there over to Mk & did two thunder mountain with das pass & queued in standby queue for thunder mountain until we could we could go back to the allocated das time. Not good really & it wasnt even classed as high season for crowd counters, still mid season. Honestly there is just way too many people in the parks, no wonder they have to do extra hours for the people staying in the hotels. They are in the middle of building another one too.

Not long for you to go though now. Hope you got other places to visit.
Old 22 Jul 18, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Maddy50
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Thanks florida2018, we have Universal and Seaworld tickets , we also managed to get the offer at Fun spot, we haven't been there before.
Maddy50 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 18, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
florida 2018
I want to go now!

No I've not been before to sun spot. The new swing chair ride near the large wheel on international drive was almost finished when we was there. That looks a good ride. Are you staying on international drive. You have lots o keep you busy at universal, & sea world, plus pool days & the all important shopping days. It will pass really quickly, as I said said we only had that one day at disney.
Old 3 Sep 18, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Raggyavn
slightly serious Dibber

The DAS and wheelchair access are 2 completely separate things at Disney.

Now as I'm sure you are aware DAS allows you to have a virtual queue time in relation to the current standby time and when you return you merely enter the ride through the Fastpass line.

However on this occasion my wife had a DAS due to a problem that means she may need to leave a conventional queue quite quickly and due to waiting for a total knee replacement she also had mobility issues (which Disney don't issue a DAS for) and therefore used an ECV.

On rides we approached the CM and asked what the mobility policy was, on some rides we were directed to another entrance and asked to transfer to a wheelchair within the queue (or before we went in), on some rides we were told we could take the ECV into the queue, but on some rides we went through a dedicated disabled entrance (in one case straight from the sunshine onto the loading station for the ride).
Raggyavn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 18, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
florida 2018
I want to go now!

Thank you for your information, it was very useful. Hope the knee replacement goes well for you wife.