Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 1 Sep 18, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I’m not a huge fan of the Gaston’s cinnamon rolls, I think they’re too dry in the middle. I know you can ask for extra icing, but I feel like you shouldn’t have to, if that makes sense.

I’m another one drooling over that Contempo Café burger.

We’ve only done Teppan Edo once, because the communal seating isn’t for me, but it is fabulous. I agree about the dessert being unexpectedly nice, I had the green tea mousse cake at Tokyo Dining and I was pleasantly surprised.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 18, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Great updates, love the Disney danish pastries, especially the cherry one and the cheese one, yum yum.
Old 2 Sep 18, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Zellotape View Post
Haha! Well make the most of it! It will definitely be something to remember!
Well, it’s slow! Haha! We got engaged about a year and a half ago and didn’t plan anything until this year!
We have a venue (which includes food) sorted and a registrar and photographer haha!
The rest I haven’t even contemplated yet!

How’s yours going?
Slowly can’t do much till next year, I’m sure the last few months will be hectic
tink18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 18, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I’m not a huge fan of the Gaston’s cinnamon rolls, I think they’re too dry in the middle. I know you can ask for extra icing, but I feel like you shouldn’t have to, if that makes sense.

I’m another one drooling over that Contempo Café burger.

We’ve only done Teppan Edo once, because the communal seating isn’t for me, but it is fabulous. I agree about the dessert being unexpectedly nice, I had the green tea mousse cake at Tokyo Dining and I was pleasantly surprised.
I’m not sure extra icing would have fixed it, it was bordering on too sweet as it was and some of the edges started to the get the sat around too long hardness

That burger was amazing, not sure if I’ve sung its praises enough, it made a nice change to have the bacon marmalade rather than bacon

I’m not a big fan of communal seating but found this ok, one family wanted to be left alone so people did and I chatted a little with the other, it was worth it for the food I felt, i don’t get how the cake was so light even with it being a mousse
tink18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 18, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Originally Posted by Ycryan View Post
Great updates, love the Disney danish pastries, especially the cherry one and the cheese one, yum yum.
Glad I’m not on my own with it, I’ve never tried the cheese ones, what do they actually taste like? I know maybe a stupid question, I’m just nervous trying new things
Old 2 Sep 18, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Day 4

Hollywood Scoops

After a very nutritious breakfast of Captain Crunch in the room around 1ish we started getting peckish and in typical fashion started hunting down something sweet. I’d read a bit about Hollywood Scoops before and people seemed to say it was inline with the Plaza just without the castle views. As we were getting off Rock’n’Rollercoaster we thought we’d give it ago.

We both ordered the brownie sundae - brownie, vanilla ice cream, hot fudge sauce, whipped cream and a cherry. We both asked for no cherry and I asked for no whipped cream.

I really enjoyed this, the brownie was massive and the ice cream is same as the Plaza. DF thought the brownie was too big and average. It wasn’t the best brownie, it had more of a cake texture but you can’t go too wrong with chocolate cake/brownie and ice cream. I’d get it again, DF would try something different.

Credits 2 Snacks
Total $14.25

Backlot Express

We stopped off at backlot express for some air con and a sit down. We also gave mobile ordering a go. We ordered a fountain drink and fries to share. Mobile ordering is great, just put in what you want and it lets you know the credits required for the dining plan. Fries were nice and hot and the drinks here are refillable so that’s always great.

Credits 2 Snacks
Total $7.18

Homecomin

Tonight we headed off to Disney Springs for a new to us reservation. From the moment he’d seen the menu DF has been dreaming of Fried Chicken and doughnuts. We checked in 15 minutes early for our reservation and ended up waiting 45, not sure what happened as it didn’t seem too busy.

I have a thing about chicken on the bone, I don’t like eating it at home its far too fiddly and I never eat it in public. Yes I am very aware of how I sound. I asked our waitress about subbing out the chicken, replacing the chicken that comes with doughnuts for the chicken pieces from the burger, she came back with loads of options for what I could do. Then just to be super awkward I subbed out the mashed potato for fries, because there just wasn’t enough fried food on the plate already. DF managed to remain calm during the process of me deciding what I wanted to eat/ordering despite it delaying his eating another 10 minutes.

This was amazing, we thoroughly enjoyed it and it was our surprise of the holiday. We thought we would enjoy but not as much as we did. Considering I had boneless chicken, this was really juicy and when DF tried it to compare to his he said there wasn’t much difference. The doughnuts were slightly crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, there is no reason to eat doughnuts with chicken, but after eating these I won’t question it again. The fries were really good as well but it was a massive portion so I didn’t finish them. DF finished his meal well before me so picked at them whilst waiting for me.

DF declared it the best meal of the trip so far and remarked “the best fried chicken he has ever had and didn’t know it could be so good. Anything else calling itself fried chicken is an insult” So I think he liked it.

We’d been lucky enough to get a table facing the kitchen, well I was facing the kitchen. I’d been seeing the desserts coming out and as we sat and had a breather I thought I might be able to eat a nibble or two and as it was included on the plan it would be rude not to.

I ordered the Key Lime Pie and DF went for the Chocolate Cake.

The Key Lime Pie was delicious, my slight nibble turned into half of the slice. It was the best key lime pie I’ve had and I know I’ll be saving room for it when we go back next year.

DF liked the chocolate cake, “it was good, nothing more, nothing less”.

This was a great meal and we thoroughly recommend it, great food, great service. What more could you want?

Credits 2 TS
Total $85.09

Day Total
QS: 0
Snacks: 4
TS: 2
Dining plan value $106.52

Running Total
QS: 10/28
Snacks: 11/56
TS: 6/28
Dining Plan Value $529.30
Old 2 Sep 18, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I'm drooling over your Homecomin' pictures, it's great that they were accommodating to you.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 18, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

I keep flip flopping about Homecomin, I see a great review and definitley want to go, and then I see a terrible one and think hmm maybe not!

Your meal looks fantastic so I am back in the 'we are definitely going to go' camp lol
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 18, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I'm drooling over your Homecomin' pictures, it's great that they were accommodating to you.
Honestly she couldn’t have been better, she took the time to go through it and checked I was happy when it arrived and half way through eating, great service in my book
Old 2 Sep 18, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
I keep flip flopping about Homecomin, I see a great review and definitley want to go, and then I see a terrible one and think hmm maybe not!

Your meal looks fantastic so I am back in the 'we are definitely going to go' camp lol
I highly recommend it but putting that aside I’ve learnt that if you sort of fancy it go for it, yes having a bad meal isn’t great but chances are if your seeing half and half it isn’t going to be drastic just personal taste. Whenever we’ve gone somewhere we’ve been flip flopping about we’ve loved it and just annoyed ourselves as we could have had more great meals