Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 4 Sep 18, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
lothaerna
Proud to wear my Ears

lothaerna's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
A busy three weeks, maybe too busy?

Day 1 - Travel Day
Day 2 - Magic Kingdom
Day 3 - Epcot
Day 4 - Blizzard Beach
Day 5 - Clearwater - 4th July
Day 6 - Busch Gardens prehaps
Day 7 - Animal Kingdom
Day 8 - Holywood Studios
Day 9 - Volcano Bay
Day 10 - Islands of Adventure
Day 11 - Universal Studios
Day 12 - Typhoon Lagoon
Day 13 - Boggy Creek / Gatorland / or similar
Day 14 - Shopping / BBQ / Relax / Pool Day
Day 15 - Holywood Studios
Day 16 - Busch Gardens if we didn't go on 5th, or Islands of Adventure
Day 17 - Volcano Bay or Typhoon Lagoon (Family Vote)
Day 18 - Universal Studios
Day 19 - Islands of Adventure or a relax day, if day moves to day 16
Day 20 - Blizzard Beach
Day 21 - Magic Kingdom
Day 22 - Disney Springs and Travel Home

Read my First pre-trip here

I will be doing a food report... hopefully.
lothaerna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 18, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
stormflm595
Very Serious Dibber

I can't comment on business since I think only you and your family know your limit.

However, I would personally drop 2 days at Universal rather than having 4 full days there and use the extra 2 days for another day each at Animal Kingdom and Epcot, since you only have 1 at each of those so far and 2 at MK and Hollywood.

That's just me though!
Old 4 Sep 18, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Fimble
Proud to wear my Ears

To be honest with you, it doesn't sound like you're doing too much, you're there for three weeks and just under half of it is "relax days" which lets you unwind in the evening.

Simplifying down what you have planned, it looks like a nice little holiday to both have fun and unwind!

Day 1 - Travel Day
Day 2 - Fun day
Day 3 - Fun day
Day 4 - Relax/Water Park
Day 5 - Relax/Beach
Day 6 - Fun Day
Day 7 - Fun Day
Day 8 - Fun day
Day 9 - Relax/Water Park
Day 10 - Fun day
Day 11 - Funday
Day 12 - Relax/Water Park
Day 13 - Relax/Explore
Day 14 - Relax/Down time
Day 15 - Fun Day
Day 16 - Fun Day
Day 17 - Relax/Water Park
Day 18 - Fun Day
Day 19 - Fun Day/Relax Day
Day 20 - Relax Day/Water Park
Day 21 - Climactic Fun Day
Day 22 - Final Day
Fimble is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 18, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
lothaerna
Proud to wear my Ears

lothaerna's Reviews
Thanks for the advice.

Stormfilm, Epcot is unfortunately not a family favourite. I guess we could do a third overall day at Universal and have an extra Animal Kingdom, thanks for that advice.

Fimble, when you lay it out like that, it definitely looks better for relaxing days. That’s exactly how our family views water parks. Definitely no stress or hard going on those days. Thanks for doing it like this. great for visualisation.

Edited at 11:38 AM.
lothaerna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 18, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi might be an idea to remember to breath. All joking aside remember to take time and relax and enjoy where you are
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 18, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

It is IMHO an awful lot of "parks", water, theme and other things. Depending on the ages of your kids you may find they get "parked out." I think as long as you are flexible and understand they may not want another day at a park, it will be OK. My philosophy, which I learned the hard way, is when kids say enough, it should be enough.

I disagree that being out in the hot sun at a water park is a relaxing day and my family would want to relax and veg out after such a day.

Also I don't know who is driving but give your driver a rest some time, especially if you are encountering traffic.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 18, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
lothaerna
Proud to wear my Ears

lothaerna's Reviews
We only have one child. She will be 11.

When we are in water parks we spend a fair bit of time on the loungers and also in the lazy river.

The last time we went for three weeks we also had sea world, Busch and aquatica to include in the plan. We most likely won’t do Busch gardens but we put it there as an option.

I am the driver and driving doesn’t bother me at all, traffic doesn’t bother me.

The only person this could be hard on is grandma, but we can get her a wee scooter if she needs one. But she has timed her pain injection so she can make the most of it.

There are six people total going on this trip, myself, my wife, our daughter, grandma and my wives aunt and uncle. We need a plan which fits everything in, otherwise we will wake up and spend the first hour of the day discussing what to do.

This will be our second three week trip, both quite full, our daughter was 7 the last time, she never once complained about too much going on. We don’t rush around the parks and the only day that is a long day is day 1 and the last day. In magic kingdom we are there from rope drop, until they lock the gates. one of our favourites

Thanks for all the tips and advice.

Old 22 Sep 18, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Mobile

It depends if they are all full days, out early and back late might get a bit much after the first week. You could make the first Disney park visits an early start but leave earlier when everyone starts to flag. The repeat Disney park days could be a later start til park close
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 18, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

If you have done it successfully, you should be fine. Personally, at 66 I would be exhausted but I have issues with the heat.

I found that once my kids entered the teen years, they sometimes wanted true lazy days-and some of the parks lost their appeal.

The only other advice I would have is with that crew of disparate ages, you might want the adults to be prepared to split up and have alternate transportation back to your accomodation. If staying on site, this is easy. If off, I would make sure all the older folk know how to use uber.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List