Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 11 Sep 18, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortbird
Getting to know the DIBB

Easter 2019

Hello,

Going for the first time next Easter (family of four with 2 kids aged 7 and 11) and staying offsite in a villa. I keep hearing how busy it is at Easter and after looking at crowd calenders it seems the second week of our stay would be better for visiting the parks and to do other stuff over Easter weekend itself 9eg Discovery cove as numbers limited, Space Kennedy Centre or Gatorland etc). However I'm worried that other things might be busy too or even shut if they are bank holidays over there? Would anyone who has been at this time of year before be willing to give any advice or share their itinerary please?

Many thanks
Mortbird is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 18, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
First time we went was Easter. It was very busy but then we have only ever been at Easter and July so only know busy. it was perfectly manageable with planning. If you can get Discovery Cove for Easter Sunday then I would grab it. The numbers are limited so it won't be any busier than any other day. The one thing I would say is don't do a waterpark on a holiday or weekend.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 18, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

We were there once on Easter Sunday at MK-it was way too crowded for me. My family went for opening and we did a few rides before the crowds (and my DSis family came in around 10:30). The kids lasted until noon and begged to leave. I returned with the younger kids in the evening to HS which was fine.

I would never do it again. Last time DD and I were there the week leading to Easter (her spring break) and as the week went on it became more and more crowded.

If you can spring for a room on site, even just for a couple of nights, it will maker your Disney touring much easier. It's not just the perks but the convenience of not taking a half hour or more to get to the park after parking and not waiting to get into the lot-lines-lines and more lines before you even get in.

At a Disney resort the bus will take you to the park entrance.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 18, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
justmagical
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mortbird View Post
Hello,

Going for the first time next Easter (family of four with 2 kids aged 7 and 11) and staying offsite in a villa. I keep hearing how busy it is at Easter and after looking at crowd calenders it seems the second week of our stay would be better for visiting the parks and to do other stuff over Easter weekend itself 9eg Discovery cove as numbers limited, Space Kennedy Centre or Gatorland etc). However I'm worried that other things might be busy too or even shut if they are bank holidays over there? Would anyone who has been at this time of year before be willing to give any advice or share their itinerary please?

Many thanks
We are there next Easter, I’ve just about finished our plan so can post it up here later if it might be of any use to you at all?
justmagical is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 18, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

Easter is so late next year that most schools & colleges will have finished spring break. It will be a lot quieter than a March/early April Easter. Good Friday is all but ignored (which surprises me for a 'religious' country) and there is no universally recognised holiday on the Monday. A few shops close on Easter Sunday, but it is pretty much business as usual. You'll have a blast!
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 18, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by archibald View Post
Easter is so late next year that most schools & colleges will have finished spring break. It will be a lot quieter than a March/early April Easter. Good Friday is all but ignored (which surprises me for a 'religious' country) and there is no universally recognised holiday on the Monday. A few shops close on Easter Sunday, but it is pretty much business as usual. You'll have a blast!
I would go even further. There are no public holidays at Easter here. Even the local schools are not shut on the Friday or Monday. Easter Sunday is definitely the only day you might find other attractions closed.

I actually found it strange when I moved to London that "Easter" was a chance to go away for a 4 day weekend instead of a 1 day event. The shops reopening on the Saturday seemed even stranger.

The seasonal Universal annual passes didn't even have blackout dates at Easter when I checked.
Old 20 Sep 18, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by justmagical View Post
We are there next Easter, I’ve just about finished our plan so can post it up here later if it might be of any use to you at all?
Id love to see your planner as we are also going easter 19
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 18, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

It is Easter Weekend that gets really crowded. Two years ago we went the week before Easter. The beginning of the week was fine, normal Disney crowds but the crowds came in towards the end of the week.

Archibald, we are not a "religious" country. Our constitution prohibits favoring one religion. Some school districts have spring break scheduled around Easter and Passover, some have Good Friday off and others Easter MOnday.

Every school district in the states creates their own calendar so one cannot generalize about school time off. The district next door to my town has a different spring break from my town.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 18, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

We were there over Easter weekend 2016 - also in a villa. Only place we may have wanted to use that was shut on Easter day was Publix. Not sure if Florida mall was shut too? - certainly some of the stores in there were as we looked up a couple before we went.

We went to AK on Easter morning - it was our first Disney park of the stay and we arrived early - the roads were fine early on. We had to exchange our voucher for tickets, there was no queue. We did all the rides we wanted to, ate lunch at Flametree noon-ish - there were plenty of tables/seats and left mid afternoon (2.30/3ish) when it became absolutely rammed with people shoulder to shoulder.

(back to villa - roads were much much busier, pool, pizza, chilled and slept early)

A friend went to Kennedy - had a lovely trip there, a great day - said it was like any weekend there - but got caught up in a tailback on the way home, making trip 2 hours longer than normal.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 18, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsG1973
Trying for More Ears

Hi... !
We are going at Easter 2019 too. 14th-28th April...First timers, group of 11 and staying in a villa. Thanks to this forum, I have already booked 1 night at the Disney campsite and am just about to book 1 night at RPR or HRH. I would be interested to see Easter itineraries too.

It is interesting to read that 'Easter' won't really affect the parks, especially as it's later next year. Useful to know.

Mortbird & LittleRach - what dates are you going?
MrsG1973
MrsG1973 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List