Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 24 Sep 18, 06:21 AM  
Link to this Post
nickimiz
Imagineer

Cruise

Thinking of doing a cruise, really not sure where to start ! Norwegian fjords are a favourite at the moment, but who do I book with, what am I looking for etc - help !
Old 24 Sep 18, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

We did the fjords a few years ago with Royal Caribbean - loved it! We’re doing a P&O cruise next year.
There’s a cruise section on here, and also other dedicated forums for cruises. I got lots of info from those before our cruise as we had no idea what to expect.
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 18, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
DW has been on 2 now, with Royal Caribbean. One in the Med and one in the Baltic.
Things to look out for - offers on drinks. The first time she went all of her drinks were thrown in as a package, the second time they weren't. But she managed adequately enough, there's free tea and coffee and also American lemonade!
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 18, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
mumx3
Imagineer

mumx3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We done a Caribbean cruise last year and family are off next week to the Fjords, we went with Marella, TUI cruises, very good and all inclusive which we liked, eat and drink as much as you want and not have to worry about the bill at the end, Tips also included.

And all English which we also liked, would defiantly recommend, we are hoping to do another next year.
2003 Xmas..Blue Tree Resort..2007 Xmas..Villa Kissimmee..2008..Mauritius..2009..Marriott Cypress Harbour..2010..CA Road Trip & Xmas in Vegas..2012..Xmas Mauritius..2013.Mauritius..2014.Poland..2015..Canada
2016..New York. & Lanzerote..2017.Caribbean cruise.. 2018..Prague...2018 Turkey...2019 Dubai..2019 India

Edited at 11:25 AM.
mumx3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 18, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

We did the med from Southampton the last two years mainly because we were 5 people and could bring as much as we wanted and the port is only a 5 hour drive.

Otherwise it would be flights for 5 to somewhere else in Europe $$$

Going next May and this time drinks are included last cruise I definitely spent more than I would have if I had bought the package. Prices on board range from 8.85$ for a beer to 12-14$ for a cocktail and 9$ for a spirit, soon adds up with 3-4$ for a cappuccino.

We had a great time both times.

Disney do cruises but they are double the price of most other companies

Old 24 Sep 18, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
llamala
Imagineer

We have booked a cruise from Tampa whilst in Florida in january. Would have loved a Disney one but a bit out of our price range.
Never done one before but am looking foward to it.
My question is what do we do about excursions on the different islands, any suggestions?
llamala is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 18, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

Mobile

We did a Fjords with Cunard this summer as our first cruise. They aren’t everyone’s cup of tea with the dress code but we didn’t mind it. Got 2 booked with them for next year.

Cunard give onboard spending money that can take sting out of drinks. If you book while onboard you get a load more. We were lucky as my parents booked while onboard for the Fjords so we got $220 each (normally $70). Next year for the Canaries we’ve got $400 each (normally $100).

It’s worth booking a short one that doesn’t give onboard spends to get onboard and either make a booking or give Ł50 each deposit for a cruise to book in the next year with the enhanced spending.

My sister didn’t drink and walked off the ship with a free Radley handbag and purse bought with her onboard spends.
SimonB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 18, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Take a look at the new P&O Iona ship. She's only sailing the fjords next year and there are some really great prices.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 18, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

I would choose May, June or July for the best (chance) of weather, try to choose a cabin mid ship, with quiet decks above and below, (i.e. other cabins preferably, not restaurants or pool deck etc)
Try to get a good deal - drinks or tips inclusive.
The smaller the ship the further into the fjords they can go and you will see more.
Its a fabulous way to see Norway, and cost effective compared to a land holiday there, we saw so many waterfalls, it was wonderful.
My blog has some photos if you are interested-
mybigfatcruise/post/14666...abulous-fjords

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 18, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
I would choose May, June or July for the best (chance) of weather, try to choose a cabin mid ship, with quiet decks above and below, (i.e. other cabins preferably, not restaurants or pool deck etc)
Try to get a good deal - drinks or tips inclusive.
The smaller the ship the further into the fjords they can go and you will see more.
Its a fabulous way to see Norway, and cost effective compared to a land holiday there, we saw so many waterfalls, it was wonderful.
My blog has some photos if you are interested-
mybigfatcruise/post/14666...abulous-fjords
Good shout about midship cabin. In the North Sea we could feel a bit of motion when sat in the theatre at the front but it was very calm in our cabin.
SimonB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List