Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 27 Sep 18, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
fifi500
Getting Excited

Glad to hear this has been useful, day 1 is in the pipeline. Just waiting for DD to send me some photos, sometimes difficult to remember who took which photos when we were together.

Sorry the Minnie mouse thing is a strawberry dessert with bean paste, to be honest it was not very nice but we got some super cute photos of it. I also forgot to say that on the box it has two prices- the 250¥ and then in brackets is the actual price including 8% tax 270¥. Some items had this on and some not, shops like diaso we just had to remember to add 8¥. In the Disney parks and buying disney tickets the price included tax and you did not need to add extra.

For the few times I used my card it was a mixture of methods, swipe in Disney and pin in the supermarket.
Old 28 Sep 18, 04:59 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Thanks for replying, and thanks again for doing this
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 18, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
dipsydoodle
Excited about Disney

Hi
Brilliant trip report and some really helpful details thanks for taking the time to share - are u able to confirm whether there is free WiFi in the parks We are looking at a 3 week stay n was hoping if possible that we could reduce the cost of renting the pocket devices by the 5 disney days.

dipsydoodle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 18, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
fifi500
Getting Excited

Hi, Sorry no free Wifi in the Disney parks at all and access to apps that showed wait times were useful to have in the park.

The nearest free wifi is inside Maihama Station past the ticket barrier.

On the night that the trains stopped running having access to the Internet was so important , so I would say it is an essential cost personally.
Old 29 Sep 18, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
dipsydoodle
Excited about Disney

Thanks thats really really helpful - at least i know now that i have to factor in 3 weeks wifi hire - much better than not having it - thank u

dipsydoodle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 18, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Very interesting first day. I look forward to reading more
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 18, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
fifi500
Getting Excited

I am glad you are finding it helpful and hopefully you getting some useful information.
Day 1 is now posted
Old 8 Oct 18, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
redfox5
slightly serious Dibber

redfox5's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to this one!
Old 9 Oct 18, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Rossalino
Apprentice Imagineer

An interesting read - not that I've got any plans to go to Japan but still good to read!

Your daughter's very brave - I know you said she has a very good understanding of Japanese but it still must of been daunting. How is she getting on?
Rossalino is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 18, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
fifi500
Getting Excited

Thank you, Tokyo is such a fascinating place and worth a visit if you ever get the opportunity.

DD is doing amazingly well, it is difficult to say what a huge step this was for her without even the language barrier. She has always been a home bird, the sort of child who refused school residentials and sleepovers at friends. The longest she has been away from me was 3 nights on a compulsory an a level geography trip! She is at our local university at home.

But she is doing so so well, interestingly the most difficult and frustrating thing for her has been getting the university to allow her to do as much Japanese as she wished. With determination and lots of visits to the university international office they have her agreed to her having to do just the compulsory Japanese classes for the international students and for the rest of her timetable she has been allowed to join regular classes for Japanese students. These Japanese classes are the classes she loves and she is starting to chat with local students, who have been very welcoming, as have the lecturers . Sadly, as a non drinker who is not interested in nights out in bars, she has not fitted in with the other international students.