Notices

Old 29 Sep 18, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
debidee
Dibbing with Tink

LIVE - Animal Kingdom Lodge and winging it! Day 6 Magic Kingdom And David Byrne!

Today we were back to Magic Kingdom - we had decided to have an easy day mooching around with no rushing to get on anything - it was another hot day so we needed to take a slower pace! For those that normally read our reports know we ideally break the day into 3 chunks with a rest slot but this week hasn't worked out like that, I think mainly due to our dining reservation times being mid afternoon we are staying in the parks longer... that linked to less shopping needs - don't get me wrong I still have shopping needs just not such an urgency this week!

We took the monorail over to the park and managed to get some nice pictures, this week is down as such a low crowd week I'd definitely recommend this time of year again

We stop for photos on the walk up Main Street - I love that they are included in the package and you can instantly download to your phone, I even saw you can edit and add borders etc - so much easier than the group shared we all used to do and then spend hours downloading etc!

Awwwwww how sweet

These are my favorite ones where they add a bit of Disney Magic - just ask them for the special effects ones!

Buzz was a walk on and this ride is a lot of fun, the higher you shoot the better your score but no 999999 for us this trip!

Round 2 of speedway and such a nicer ride without the rain pounding in your face! Can't believe we didn't do this ride for years and now it's one of our most favorite rides!

Peter Pan was only showing 30 mins wait which is normally a lot higher and in reality it was only 20 mins. They have updated the line and lots of interactive things to do on the way round to take your mind off the actual queue!

Our first FP was the Mine train and I really flip flop on this ride, I think last trip I loved it again but this time I was just blah about it - it is so short and I think slinky dog dash has the edge!
After this it was time to use up more snack credits - this is a Peter Pan float - lime ice cream over sprite - it was yummy!

Our second FP was Pooh Bear ride - I'm sorry I'm rubbish at remembering the official names for these rides! It was just ok but I would not have queued more than 15 mins for this!
We also had a sit down at Mickeys Philharmonic to get out of the sun and rest our feet!

We noticed on the way to Tiki rooms they have removed the sword attraction by the carousel - not sure if temporary or it's the whole weapon thing gone politically correct overload... hope the former!
Tiki Rooms is a classic for us along with big bear jamboree (which we did straight after) - I've now got the song in my head... but still better that than it's a small world!

The train wasn't running last time we visited so took the opportunity to take a ride

Love seeing the theming and rides from another angle on the train

1 last time on the people mover before our reservation at crystal palace

It's buffet style ($47 off menu) but we used credits - plus characters come to your table.
I'm afraid I wouldn't recommend this place unless you absolutely love Winnie the Pooh, it was pretty messy and the food was just ok - there are far better options IMO

The food selection was fair but again nothing wow like Garden Grill at Epcot
The puddings were cute!
The characters walk around but not with an official photographer so you need to be prepared as they don't stop for long!
Here are my photos...

On the way out I get another must do photo holding the Disney balloons

Tonight it was something really different we were going to see David Byrne - it is really not my thing but Jez is obsessed! We had tickets for Boston but as I was in Germany I couldn't go so Jez went alone and said it was so good we needed to book again...
It was at the Walt Disney theater in downtown Orlando
The show was good - i knew a few of the songs which helped and as Jez reminded me not bad for an old guy - he danced the whole set away in his bare feet

The way home was a nightmare as they have roadworks and we took forever to get on the I4 - we were home by midnight and sound asleep within a few mins!

Last day today and it's a lazy one - we have breakfast and dinner reservations at the hotel and I have a massage... Debs xx

debidee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 18, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by debidee - 29 Sep 18 2:21 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 18, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Another lovely day Debs, really enjoyed reading along every day xx
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 18, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Nice day at MK. You make it sound like such a relaxed day, which is very unlike most MK days! Never heard of the Peter Pan float, but it looks and sounds delicious

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 18, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi Debs

The Peter Pan float looks tasty. Nice and relaxing MK day.

Enjoy your massage and lazy day tomorrow.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 18, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

I think I fancy a Peter Pan float more than a dole whip! Some great magic shots. Sounds like an ideal time to visit with low wait times. It’s been a good week.
Old 29 Sep 18, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another lovely day

Joan
Old 29 Sep 18, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Love your balloon 🎈 pictures👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 18, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald88
Imagineer

Enjoy your last day xx
macdonald88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 18, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Love the pic of you with the balloons x
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List