Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Oct 18, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Smudge93
Trying for More Ears

VA UC Question

Hi Guys

So my friend and I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to UC (Man-Mco, only outward was available) as we felt that it'll be a while before we get on holiday again!

Really excited as neither of us have ever flown UC before - can anyone give us any tips or advice on what to expect?

The big question we have though is dress code - is there one? Do we need to dress nice even if there isn't one? Will people look at us funny if we're wearing casual stuff?

Thanks guys

Smudge
Smudge93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 18, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

The only code I can recall is no mankinis

Enjoy the flight... many dibbers are serial UC,’s

Disney332

Edited at 12:46 PM.
disney332 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 18, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
pooh's gal
Excited about Disney

Whenever we fly UC we do slightly 'dress up' a bit. I don't mean posh clothes but probably a bit nicer than jeans. It's a great experience and I'm pretty sure you won't get funny looks. The service we've had on UC has always been great. Plenty to drink and food has always been very good. We occasionally sit at the bar, just because we can, and love the fact that the staff will open up the seat for you if you want to have a sleep. Only downside is that you don't get off the plane first. Normally people in PE will get off before you, simply because they're right next to the exit door. We're flying out next April but could only afford UC on the way out
Old 9 Oct 18, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

No dress code at all. You wont get funny looks for anything. It is a tourist route so many wear shorts.
I have never seen anyone dress up on this route on UC. Mainly jeans and tee shirts and as I say, often shorts.

Best tip is to enjoy it.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 18, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Grandee
VIP Dibber

Within reason, wear what you like and whatever you feel comfortable in, Smudge. I invariably wear jeans and a t-shirt. You've paid for the experience, enjoy it. You'll love the small, intimate feel of the smaller MAN UC cabin and all it entails, but the thing that really determines how good the experience will be is the crew. When Virgin get it right, it is absolutely brilliant. Watch out though, 'cos as everyone says, once you've turned left (and gone through PE in this case ) ...
Grandee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 18, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
We fly UC a lot. Of our 4 trips this year 4 of the legs are/will be in UC.

Never seen any Man in anything other than jeans/slacks/shorts and certainly never seen a Lady in a dress.

It's certainly a better layout than the BA equivalent where you are all over the place!

We like to dine together so my Wife sits on the stool.

The food has come on leaps and bounds in the last 3 years. From LGW I would describe it as excellent. From MCO it's good - unlike the dreadful stuff in PE and Econ

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 18, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
gmul
Helping Minnie

This may be a bit controversial but I loom the opposite way - if you’ve paid for it then you can dress however you want.

VA know that the MCO is a “tourist “ lane with very few actual business travellers so I wouldn’t ever expect to be turned away or even to have any comments made.
gmul is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 18, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
gmul
Helping Minnie

And if a mankini takes your fancy then why not - should make the security checks a little quicker (and more interesting to observers) !
gmul is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 18, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
alibeau
VIP Dibber

Flown UC a few times and we wear whatever we like!

Mainly t-shirt and jeans or shorts, or even 'smart' joggers or 3/4's...

Please yourself and enjoy!

Ali x
alibeau is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 18, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We were lucky enough to fly UC to Jamaica a few years ago.

I did pick out something a bit "nicer" than my usual travelling clothes - but still comfy - as I wanted to feel good.

There were a couple beside us who clearly flew UC a lot

She was in 6" heels an WHITE jeans

They would last 2 minutes on me without being dirty

Katie

PS - we loved it - a fabulous experience unfortunately not one we have been able to repeat since (its a choice of more holidays than an UC flight )

Edited at 03:10 PM.
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List