Old 6 Oct 18, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
keith&carol
Imagineer

keith&carol's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
MCO mess

Hi everyone. We’ve been through there umpteen times and never had a problem but last time was enough to try the patience of a saint. My wheelchair means we have to take the lift where most people can use the escalator. Someone always insists on taking us even though we know the way but this time they had put in another security check so you had to put bags through the screening again. We had carrier bag with duty free , perfume and aftershave and alcohol and I was carrying half a bottle of water. They said we couldn’t take them through as it was liquids. Trying to explain was like banging your head against a brick wall so my water had to go in the bin and they eventually said someone would take DH back with the duty free to the escalator and left me on my own.
I was furious.
Please can someone tell me that this stupidity has gone now.
👩≈👩≈👧≈👧
keith&carol is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 18, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
LIZH
Imagineer

We have just come back and it took 3 hours to get our luggage, the girl in customer services who was responsible told us to leave our luggage and put a claim in, what about babies car seat she just shrugged and said it’s not my fault the conveyor belts broken again and you luggage is inside, there where a group of us waiting and when I asked to speak to a Manager they refused to come over apparently the same thing happened the day before. Shocking customer service 😡
LIZH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 18, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
richard29
Apprentice Imagineer

We flew to MCO on the 6th Oct and found it to be a real issue. We flew PE on Virgin and were first off the plane, I was put in to wheelchair and then left in a hall way. After 45 mins we were told that we could wait longer up to 30 mins or my husband could push and try to juggle the hand luggage and my aides. We eventually made it to the customs hall to be faced with a massive que. it took a further 1 hour and 15mins to go through the que. By then I was in a lot of pain and very hot. The ambassadors were more than useless.
Old 26 Oct 18, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
fluffychicken
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by richard29 View Post
We flew to MCO on the 6th Oct and found it to be a real issue. We flew PE on Virgin and were first off the plane, I was put in to wheelchair and then left in a hall way. After 45 mins we were told that we could wait longer up to 30 mins or my husband could push and try to juggle the hand luggage and my aides. We eventually made it to the customs hall to be faced with a massive que. it took a further 1 hour and 15mins to go through the que. By then I was in a lot of pain and very hot. The ambassadors were more than useless.
Has the disability que at immigration gone? We have always used it as my son is in a wheelchair.
fluffychicken is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 18, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
richard29
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by fluffychicken View Post
Has the disability que at immigration gone? We have always used it as my son is in a wheelchair.
Yes, it went a while ago.
Old 29 Oct 18, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Lemmonie
Excited about Disney

IT's still there ! At least it was end of August when we flew in. We arranged assistance through the airport as my son is Autistic and we were met and guided through immigration on the far left of the hall. It just isnt signposted or used it seems.
Lemmonie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
fluffychicken
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I contact MCO and it seems the system has changed. I have copied there response below.

"Please send us your names, the name of your airline, date & time of arrival and your flight number.≈≈ We will forward that information to US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and to the appropriate Station Manager for your airline. On your arrival please approach one of our Airport Ambassadors (they wear black slacks or skirts, white shirts and gold vests); advise them of your concerns & they will lead you & your family to expedite your processing.≈
Also, please make sure you have made your airline aware of your special needs requests (contact their toll free number before you travel).
On your return flight, The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has a special program in place (TSA Cares) that assists guests flying out that need assistance.≈ It is a wonderful program; if you contact them about your trip home in advance, (whenever that might be) it will make your trip home stress free as possible"
fluffychicken is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 18, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I contact MCO and it seems the system has changed. I have copied there response below.

"Please send us your names, the name of your airline, date & time of arrival and your flight number.≈≈ We will forward that information to US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and to the appropriate Station Manager for your airline. On your arrival please approach one of our Airport Ambassadors (they wear black slacks or skirts, white shirts and gold vests); advise them of your concerns & they will lead you & your family to expedite your processing.≈
Also, please make sure you have made your airline aware of your special needs requests (contact their toll free number before you travel).
On your return flight, The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has a special program in place (TSA Cares) that assists guests flying out that need assistance.≈ It is a wonderful program; if you contact them about your trip home in advance, (whenever that might be) it will make your trip home stress free as possible"
See I got told to speak to someone when I got there
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 18, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
richard29
Apprentice Imagineer

We did all of this and still had no help, this is just a fob off!
Old 1 Nov 18, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

We didn’t have any trouble in September going through MCO or back. We were given TSA pre-check coming back, was through security in less than 5 minutes. The only hold up in arrivals was waiting for the lift.