Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 18 Oct 18, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Red Nats
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Brilliant I’ve found that now thanks! Will look at reataurants and beverages and start to get planned
Red Nats is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Hooray4Disney
Imagineer

Hooray4Disney's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Red Nats View Post
Brilliant I’ve found that now thanks! Will look at reataurants and beverages and start to get planned
I feel like a novice too and it feels quite uneasy to have booked something but you don’t really know all the details.

Thought for today ...
If we go to the beach, do we have to take our towels? Or do they give you towels?
2002 - Hampton Lakes, WDW. 2003 - Westridge Villas, WDW. 2005, 2008, 2011 Formosa Blvd, WDW. 2010, 2013 Hotel Cheyenne, DLP. 2014 OKW/Westridge, WDW. 2015 - NYC, DCA & Rotonda West. 2016 - Hotel Kyriad, DLP. 2016 - Toronto 2017 - OKW, Bahama Bay & The Keys 2018 - Vegas, Yellowstone, San Francisco, L.A. 2018 DLP - Hotel B&B 2019 - Lake Berkeley, WDW. 2022 - Seattle/Hawaii
Hooray4Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hooray4Disney View Post
I feel like a novice too and it feels quite uneasy to have booked something but you don’t really know all the details.

Thought for today ...
If we go to the beach, do we have to take our towels? Or do they give you towels?
They provide towels for you to take to the beach.
Omega1 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 18, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Thank you kindly for replying - I shall take a look - it will be worth it just for the Starbucks coffees and Frappuccinos, I think. It would also be rude not to indulge in a cocktail or two ... really looking forward to the fact that we will not have to drive home , and can both have a drink.

Thank you for the advice regarding boarding too - I would have probably stuck to our exact time - when will we issued with this?

Next question, , food and eating - the speciality dining package - is that for one particular restaurant? If we do not book this, does this mean that we have to eat in the buffet restaurant every night?

Thank you - I really appreciate your advice.

Hi there I've done two cruises on the Independence of the seas and many posts in this thread are based on experience on different ships.

the Navigator is a smaller ship than the Indy, the smaller ships are nicer in that they are easy to get around but you'll need to check what the restaurants and bars are on board. Indy didn't have a starbucks or wonderland so I would be surprised if a smaller ship had them.

In 2017 we didn't get the drinks package as they offered the 10 drink card, in 2018 it was a big mistake to not get it as the 10 drink card offer didn't materialise I ended up spending more than if i'd got the package by this I don't mean all alcohol, coke was 3.50 and coffees were 3.5 to 4 each one just in those two items with my meals I easily racked up more than 20 usd per day coupled with evening drinks I would have been much better off with the package.

You'll have great fun on the cruise though it's a great way to sea the world

Old 25 Oct 18, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Thank you kindly for replying - I shall take a look - it will be worth it just for the Starbucks coffees and Frappuccinos, I think. It would also be rude not to indulge in a cocktail or two ... really looking forward to the fact that we will not have to drive home , and can both have a drink.

Thank you for the advice regarding boarding too - I would have probably stuck to our exact time - when will we issued with this?

Next question, , food and eating - the speciality dining package - is that for one particular restaurant? If we do not book this, does this mean that we have to eat in the buffet restaurant every night?

Thank you - I really appreciate your advice.

Hi there I've done two cruises on the Independence of the seas and many posts in this thread are based on experience on different ships.

the Navigator is a smaller ship than the Indy, the smaller ships are nicer in that they are easy to get around but you'll need to check what the restaurants and bars are on board. Indy didn't have a starbucks or wonderland so I would be surprised if a smaller ship had them.

In 2017 we didn't get the drinks package as they offered the 10 drink card, in 2018 it was a big mistake to not get it as the 10 drink card offer didn't materialise I ended up spending more than if i'd got the package by this I don't mean all alcohol, coke was 3.50 and coffees were 3.5 to 4 each one just in those two items with my meals I easily racked up more than 20 usd per day coupled with evening drinks I would have been much better off with the package.

You'll have great fun on the cruise though it's a great way to sea the world

Originally Posted by cheekydeeky View Post
If it helps at all the deluxe beverage package for our sailing next September is £41.08 pppd on cruise planner at the moment. I’m hoping for a Black Friday sale . It’s worth it for us as we like a cocktail or six .
I would already lock it in they have already announced the updated prices and they'll be rolling them out soon. Don't wait for black friday if the price drops you can cancel and book again.

Google price increase drinks Royal Caribbean and have a read.