Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 20 Oct 18, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Red Nats
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile Port Canaveral to airport

Hi
Looking at booking flights for next summer. We are on a cruise finishing at Port Canaveral. Says 6am back to P-C. I have no idea how long disembarkation takes and then need to get to Orlando airport. The only Manchester flight is 14.15. We wouldn’t make it would we? There are no direct virgin flights home that day no idea why?
If we waited and fly the next day it’s cheaper and direct. But where would you stay?
Thanks for any help
Red Nats is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 18, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerella123
Imagineer

It will only take about 45 mins to debark the ship and then allow 1.30 to airport so you will have plenty of time to make the 2.15 flight, does the cost of a hotel cheaper than the indirect flight home.?
tinkerella123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 18, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Sorry, can't help with timings other than to say it only takes about one hour to travel by car from Port Canaveral to MCO.

However, in regards to a hotel, we have booked the Hyatt Regency at the airport. We only had to pay £25 taxes, we used Tesco vouchers through hotels.com to pay for the room. There are plenty of other hotels very close to MCO as well, most of which have a shuttle to the airport.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022

Edited at 12:50 PM.
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
jlowe64
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I’ve only done 2 cruise but going off my time, you would defiantly make it. Tell them you have a early flight and they will get you off with the first lot.
Old 22 Oct 18, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
First off, the flight time is fine and shouldn't be any bother unless the ship is delayed for any reason.

If it's DCL you're sailing with, you can opt to do Express Walk Off (EWO). This is when you keep your luggage with you in the room on the last night and haul it off yourself first thing. Basically, you'll be amongst the first to leave the ship.

If you opt to do this, take a bowl, carton of milk, cereal box and spoon from breakfast the morning before and store in your room/fridge. Say goodbye to your servers the night before at dinner and you'll be all set for an early breakfast in your room then a debarkation in plenty of time.

Joa
Old 22 Oct 18, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Red Nats
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Thanks
It’s Royal Caribbean

If we decided to stay where would you stay near P-C for some relaxation day and eve. Flight wouldn’t be til 7pm the following day so 2 days to spend really.
Red Nats is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

We’ve done three RCI cruises and you’ll definitely have time. We are usually off ship by 9am. They don’t hang about getting you off . You can opt for self disembarkation which means you take your own luggage and can therefore get off ship as early as you want.

How are you getting back to MCO? We usually have a private transfer but are going to Lyft or Uber this time I think.
cheekydeeky is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 18, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Luby-lu
Apprentice Imagineer

Luby-lu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
I am hiring a car from Port Canaveral and staying till the next day. It will be the 14th day of our Disney tickets, I'm planning on going to AK :-). I'm just going to get the cheapest hotel I can find. I'm thinking Clarion at Lake Buena Vista :-)