Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 28 Oct 18, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Anyone stayed in a CCV Cabin AND a Poly bungalow?

Thinking of treating ourselves for our special anniversary & moving for a couple of nights to one of these, interested to know if anyone's stayed in both and what your thoughts are?

Also which would you choose? We think we're leaning towards the cabin mainly because of the ferry noises, more remote feel (& lack of Indian Ocean around the bungalows!).

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 18, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I haven't the points!
But from what I've seen of YouTube walkthroughs, the complaints of boat horns, the plumbing problems (albeit I'd hope they've sorted those), I'd definitely choose the Copper Creek. However, have you seen the Grand Villas there, they look possibly even better.

Edited at 08:24 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 18, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

I've done a week in a Copper Creek Cabin in June and it was fantastic. Pics here :-

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1084428

It was really nice inside, all new fixtures and fittings plus you get the lanai type area with hot tub at the back, with lake view including the water pageant and high fireworks at night.

We found it really peaceful, only noise at night was the bullfrogs in the bushes as you walked back down the path. Haven't stayed in a Poly Bungalow to compare but would return the Cabin in a heartbeat with only the slight reservation that Artist Point is no longer the peaceful signature it once was for for a nice evening meal.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Mobile

I loved your cabin thread . Bullfrogs is what we’d hear in the treehouses, absolutely loved it, they even woke me up one morning.

I always think of the GVs as just l being ‘big’ whereas a cabin would be more of a special treat for the 2 of us, especially with the fire & hot tub. I think we’ll most likely do a week-10 nights in a studio & 2 nights in the cabin, to ease the point shock, we usually stay in 1 beds so should be a similar total.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Yeah, we've done a BLT Grand Villa and I think two people would be lost in one. Cabin is more relaxing, it feels more intimate luxury for a couple plus the Grand Villas don't have the hot tub.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List