Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 29 Oct 18, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Acid Nation
Dancing with Tink'

Late April/Early May Itinerary. Critiques?

So our 180 Day window opened yesterday so I'm now starting to put everything else into place to make some sort of a plan. I've tried to plan in rest/pool/shopping times as last year it was a big complaint from my boyfriend that we didn't really do any relaxing! We're also not ones for staying in the same park for the full day so have tried to avoid this for the majority of days. I also want to try and maybe fit in a Busch Gardens day so I'll need to try and edit that at a laer date but this is it for now!

Just need to know if logistics are ok here and if I'm being stupid (likely lol).

We're staying at Coronado Springs and it will be just my boyfriend and I (26&29). Arriving at around 6pm on 26th April '19. Won't be doing anything this evening aside from going to Walmart/Target to stock up on water and snacks.

Day 1. 27th April

Head to Magic Kingdom for rope drop as jet lag will ensure we are up at 5am. Probably a QS lunch in the park (Casey's most likely) and head back to the pool or Disney Springs after Festival of Fantasy. Have dinner at Frontera Cocina at 6pm and have an early night.

Day 2. 28th April

Head to Hollywood Studios for Morning Extra Magic Hours. Try and do as much as possible before lunch and grab another QS lunch in the park (Woody's Lunchbox? Where else is good in Hollywood studios?) Head back to the pool for a while and go to Magic Kingdom in the evening. Dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern at 6:45pm and stay to watch Happily Ever After.

Day 3. 29th April

Head to Typhoon Lagoon in the morning until we've done everything. Have lunch there and head back to hotel. Go to Animal Kingdom for the remainder of the day and a dinner at Sanaa at 7:30pm.

Day 4. 30th April

Morning by the pool or wandering about resort. Head to Epcot for the afternoon and do Behind the Seeds between 1-3pm. Snack aroud the world when hungry and dinner at Via Napoli at 7pm. Stay to watch Illuminations.

Day 5.1st May

Head to Animal Kingdom for the morning and eat at Satu'li Canteen for lunch. Dinner at Yachtsman at 7pm and possibly go to Magic Kingdom for the Evening for Evening Extra Magic Hours til 11pm.

Day 6. 2nd May

Bon Voyage Breakfast at Trattoria al Forno at 9am. Head to Epcot for the morning/afternoon and possibly head to mini golf at some point during this day? Come back to Boardwalk later and have some drinks/QS somewhere. (Again, where is a good QS around the boardwalk area?)

Day 7. 3rd May

Pool/Outlets/Disney Springs in the morning/afternoon. Blaze pizza for lunch and head to Hollywood Studios later for Dinner at Sci-Fi and stay to watch Fantasmic.

Day 8. 4th May

Breakfast at 'Ohana at 8am and then head to MK for the day. Late lunch at Pecos Bill before heading off to Hollywood Studios for the Star Wars Dessert Party (Hopefully!)

Day 9. 5th May

Blizzard Beach for the day. Don't have much else planned for this day aside from a 7:45pm California Grill Dinner so maybe we'll head over to Magic Kingdom beforehand.

Day 10. 6th May

Head to Animla Kingdom for morning Extra Magic Hours. Breakfast at Tusker House at 10:10am (Rivers of Light Dining package) and spend the full day in Animal Kingdom. Dinner somewhere later on (possibly Flame Tree BBQ) and stay for Rivers of Light.

Day 11. 7th May

Free time in the morning. Boyfriend wants to spend some time along i-Drive so possibly this. I however don't see the point. This could be a good day for Busch Gardens I reckon! Head over to Wilderness Lodge for the evening for some drinks and watch the Electrical Water Pageant at my boyfriend's request and have dinner at Geyser Point Bar & Grill.

Day 12. 8th May

Breakfast at Crytsal Palace at the earliest possible reservation I can get and spend the day in Magic Kingdom. Head back to the pool if we're burnt out and then go for dinner at 'Ohana, maybe get a reservation when the fireworks are going off because why not?

Day 13. 9th May

Animal Kingdom for the morning. Quick Service lunch at Yak & Yeti. Head over to Epcot for the evening and have another Qucik Service somewhere for dinner.

Day 14. 10th May

Eviction Day! We have a late flight so will use the morining/afternoon at Disney Springs and use our last two Quick Service Credits up. Will use one for breakfast in hotel and then maybe D-Luxe Burger or Polite Pig for lunch.
Acid Nation is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 18, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
DrSuzi
Gone all Goofy

I probably can't make any sensible comment as we haven't been before - but just saying hi as you arrive the day before we do. We have some of the same places booked (but not on the same days), although we'll also have a 2 and 4 year old in tow.
DrSuzi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 18, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

Last week of April into May was my kids spring break when they were in elementary and secondary school so we went often. Overall, it was a decent week to go BUT the weather could be unpredictable. I remember one year we left our state on the Canandian border expecting a nice, warm stay and found Orlando was cooler. Other times it was quite toasty.

Just be flexible with pool/water park days. They are not fun if you are shivering. (And my kids were used to the cold and 50 degree F swim lessons.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 18, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
It looks alright, but is still a pretty busy plan.

For example, on day 5, I'd be more inclined to just goto Epcot or HS after your evening meal, as they're on your doorstep. (plus having a big meal makes me feel sleepy )

Day 8 is an early start (which we are less popular with us during the 2nd week of the holidays) plus a late evening.

I'd also suggest a meal at Teppan Ede in Epcot, as it's one of our favourites !

Have a great trip.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 18, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
hsm89
Getting Excited

Looks great! Mainly had a nosey as we arrive on 5th May and staying at Coronado Springs too!
hsm89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 18, 03:46 AM  
Link to this Post
bel
Imagineer

bel's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We go on April 26th too! Have a good trip and say hi if you see us (putting a pre trippy on here in a few weeks)
bel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 18, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Acid Nation
Dancing with Tink'

Originally Posted by Mortimer Mouse View Post
It looks alright, but is still a pretty busy plan.

For example, on day 5, I'd be more inclined to just goto Epcot or HS after your evening meal, as they're on your doorstep. (plus having a big meal makes me feel sleepy )

Day 8 is an early start (which we are less popular with us during the 2nd week of the holidays) plus a late evening.

I'd also suggest a meal at Teppan Ede in Epcot, as it's one of our favourites !

Have a great trip.

Ahh thanks! Teppan Edo was on the list for the boyfriend but he changed his mind and doesn't want to go now

Originally Posted by hsm89 View Post
Looks great! Mainly had a nosey as we arrive on 5th May and staying at Coronado Springs too!
Yay! I'm super excited. The resort looks amazing!

Originally Posted by bel View Post
We go on April 26th too! Have a good trip and say hi if you see us (putting a pre trippy on here in a few weeks)
Oh fab! I'll absolutely be reading that. Only 157 days to go!

Edited at 08:56 PM.
Acid Nation is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 18, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post

I can’t see the rest/ shopping / relaxation times.

But it looks like a perfectly manageable plan for two adults.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 19, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
TheKrow
Excited about Disney

Just saying hey!

We go the day after! Exciting!

Plan looks good, I haven't considered us going to parks and needing then going back later... Wondering if it's worthwhile for us too!
Sep 05 - Villa | Aug 06 - Villa | Sep 07 - Villa | Dec 08 - DLP - Sequoia Lodge | Jun 12 - Rosen Pointe | Mar 14 - Doubletree SeaWorld | Sep 16 - Rosen Pointe | Aug 18 - DLP - Cheyenne | Apr 19 - Rosen Pointe | April 22 - Rosen Pointe | August 22 - DLP - Cheyenne | Feb 24 - Rosen Pointe
TheKrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
louisamk
A Guest at All-Stars

Mobile

Hiya,

What's the Star Wars Dessert party on the 4th May?

We fly out on the 3rd May and love abit of Star Wars
louisamk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List