I drive hotel 64 6.77%
Villa 331 35.03%
Other 110 11.64%
Voters: 945. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1 Nov 18, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

We have done all on the list, separate trips and all in one trip!

I opted for Onsite Disney though, as 9 times out of 10 that's what we do, and it's always our first choice.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 18, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

We stay on site at Disney each time but we’ve never felt stuck there. We also eat off site, go to other parks and shopping. We always hire a car.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 18, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
zdickens
Imagineer

zdickens's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Always stay onsite. Have stayed offsite a couple of times but since free dining onsite.

Oct 2022 - California Tour, Nov 2019 - Disney’s AKL & RPR, May 2017 - Disney's OKW & HRH, Oct 2014 - Disney's OKW & HRH, Oct 2012 - Disney's POFQ & HRH, Sep 2011 - DLP Hotel Cheyenne, Nov 2010 - Disney's CBR & RPR, Oct 2008 - Disney's All Star Movies & HRH, Nov 2006 - Disney's All Star Sports, Oct 2000 - Holiday Inn Nikki Bird (Kissimmee), Sep 1996 - Quality Inn International
zdickens is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 18, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
SWEN
Very Serious Dibber

SWEN's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 17
We sometimes stay onsite, sometimes at the in-laws time share and sometimes a mix of both, so I voted 'Other'.

1990-WDW and Clearwater. 2003-Orange Lake Resort
2006-Sheraton Vistana Resort. 2007-DLP
2008-Orange Lake. 2011-Villa Buenaventura Lakes
2014-OKW&Sheraton Vistana. 2015-Old Key West
2017-OKW&Hilton Grand Vacations
2018-Saratoga Springs
SWEN is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 18, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
I always have and most likely always will stay on I-Drive in a hotel. May venture to a villa in the future but not sure.
I find I love I drive as I don’t like being stuck in the Disney bubble. As I would feel if I were in a Disney hotel then I would always be eating in Disney etc and I like to have the option to walk out and to golf and loads of cheap food places.

Majority of the posts especially the food trip ones all seem to be for onsite so I was just wondering how many actually stay onsite.
If you have always stayed on I-Drive, how do you know you "don’t like being stuck in the Disney bubble"?

We always stay on site, generally in a Deluxe or a 1-bed at OKW at WDW and either the Hard Rock, Portofino Bay or Royal Pacific at Universal.

When my parents first took me to Orlando, around 30 years ago, we stayed in a Holiday Inn on I-Drive and I still remember telling my parents that it was like Blackpool but warmer.

We headed down I-Drive looking for somewhere to eat last year, whilst we were staying at the Royal Pacific at Universal, and I'm not sure my view on it would change very much now. I can certainly see the appeal for some - there's a fair bit of choice for food - all easily walkable, and it's significantly cheaper than on-site.

it's not for us though, but the world would be boring if we were all the same.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 18, 12:49 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
If you have always stayed on I-Drive, how do you know you "don’t like being stuck in the Disney bubble"?

We always stay on site, generally in a Deluxe or a 1-bed at OKW at WDW and either the Hard Rock, Portofino Bay or Royal Pacific at Universal.

When my parents first took me to Orlando, around 30 years ago, we stayed in a Holiday Inn on I-Drive and I still remember telling my parents that it was like Blackpool but warmer.

We headed down I-Drive looking for somewhere to eat last year, whilst we were staying at the Royal Pacific at Universal, and I'm not sure my view on it would change very much now. I can certainly see the appeal for some - there's a fair bit of choice for food - all easily walkable, and it's significantly cheaper than on-site.

it's not for us though, but the world would be boring if we were all the same.

how you doing dude / ? ?

funny you mentioned blackpool, we were sat in the yard house at the orlando eye ( always wanted to eat at the YH but never found time till aug ) and after it stopped raining it got very busy outside and i commented it looked like blackpool
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 18, 12:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

I stay onsite as Disney or Universal depending on the focus of a trip.

I did want to comment on your statement about being "stuck in the Disney bubble." I don't know why who has stayed on site would feel that way. No one says you cannot leave and there are lots of the same options you will find on Idrive just outside the Disney entrances.

To me, staying on site is about convenience-anything you could want is right there. And if the over the top theming is not what appeals to you, there are plenty of more subtle options.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 18, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
What's going on with this thread? It keeps bouncing to the top of the forum, and currently has a last post time of 12:07pm today, but the last post I can see is 11:55pm last night.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 18, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
What's going on with this thread? It keeps bouncing to the top of the forum, and currently has a last post time of 12:07pm today, but the last post I can see is 11:55pm last night.
Each time someone votes on a poll it triggers the last post to be put onto the forum spy.
Old 2 Nov 18, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Suppose I wouldn’t really know it’s just what I imagine really that I would feel to confined in the Disney bubble

Apart from the fact that it’s probably more expensive on site I like I drive as that will mean that we can catch the i trolley and go to loads of cheap restaurants without using the car. If we were in a Disney hotel it would mean driving out every night to get food or eating onsite.
Also if we got the free dining then that would mean we would eat in the bubble and not leave as often.
I love Disney but it would be too much for me to be onsite. Would possibly look at doing a few days but wouldn’t be able to do the three weeks.

Some people will love the Disney bubble and that’s great for them but I just couldn’t do it.

Seems like most are either onsite Disney or villa.
That probably why there are lots more onsite reports then.

I thought I drive was popular.
vampiress88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List