Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 14 Dec 18, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks very much. I emailed them this morning and hopefully they'll get back to me today. Reading through past threads it looks like paying them hasn't been too straightforward! (First American, through Fidelity).

Could I also ask what I do with the documents? I have the FedEx label so do I call FedEx to collect it? It says to place the labels in a shipping pouch. Would a clear plastic folder attached to the envelope do?

Thanks again!
Noodlez is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 18, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Noodlez View Post
Thanks very much. I emailed them this morning and hopefully they'll get back to me today. Reading through past threads it looks like paying them hasn't been too straightforward! (First American, through Fidelity).

Could I also ask what I do with the documents? I have the FedEx label so do I call FedEx to collect it? It says to place the labels in a shipping pouch. Would a clear plastic folder attached to the envelope do?

Thanks again!
Unless you are buying direct, There's no reason usually to send anything snail mail, it's all done on the internet via email?
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 18, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

All of the original things (from the Fidelity contracts department) were completed electronically via docusign, but the latest ones from First American say "Kindly return the executed closing documents and the funds needed for closing to my attention by way of FedEx with the label attached." I'll email them again and ask if we can do it electronically.
Noodlez is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 18, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

All of the original things (from the Fidelity contracts department) were completed electronically via docusign, but the latest ones from First American say "Kindly return the executed closing documents and the funds needed for closing to my attention by way of FedEx with the label attached." I'll email them again and ask if we can do it electronically.
That may be how they do it, but it's unusual. I think others on here have used them, not sure what they did.
Problem is if you have to raise a draft via your bank, you may get a worse exchange rate, so I'd check that out compared to others such as HiFX and if it's going to cost more, perhaps ask them if you can wire instead?
Old 16 Dec 18, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

It's done! I've never spent so much money.
They agreed that we could email the documents and wire the money. Hopefully the points will be ours very soon!

Thanks again!
Old 17 Dec 18, 06:58 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

It's done! I've never spent so much money.
They agreed that we could email the documents and wire the money. Hopefully the points will be ours very soon!

Thanks again!
Good one, which transfer service did you use in the end?
Old 17 Dec 18, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We used XE Money Transfer, which is the same as HiFX.
Old 17 Dec 18, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

We used XE Money Transfer, which is the same as HiFX.
Just keep checking the Comptrollers website now and when it appears, call up DVC to try and get your code for the website.
Old 18 Dec 18, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

The payment went through, but now they’ve said they’re returning it to our bank because it went via ACH and not wire. Can anyone help? I’m really not too knowledgeable in these things.
Old 18 Dec 18, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

The payment went through, but now they’ve said they’re returning it to our bank because it went via ACH and not wire. Can anyone help? I’m really not too knowledgeable in these things.
We use Xe to transfer to our Suntrust bank account by wire all the time. Did you select wire on the options?
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List