Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 6 Dec 18, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by skstorm View Post
Well I got the official email this morning that I passed ROFR :-) so if anyone has any advice now on a couple of things I am unclear on that would be fab
At what point do I have to pay the balance?
How long will it be before I have the points and can make a reservation?

Would love to go and celebrate but just had an op on my mouth and its killing me so no alcohol or good food for at least a week! - :-(
Brilliant news I think you got a very good deal and patience and research paid off in the end.

My one tip is once you are meant to be closing keep searching for your name on the OC Comptroller’s website.

Once your deed appears you can try and get your member number, do this by calling DVC up. You will need your deed number off the OC Comptroller website.

This bit gets hit and miss and you have to get through to someone helpful. I tried different departments, think I pressed 3 and 2 or 2 and 3 (it was some time ago, sorry) before I got someone willing to help.

In the likely event someone will not help, thank them, hang up and call beck trying a different dept.

Assuming you can get someone to help, they’ll give you a code and a member number, which allows you to access the website.

Doing it this way shaved about 2 weeks off the snail mail letter coming through the post with the details on for me!
Old 6 Dec 18, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Wow they did the Dibbers tranch together
Well done skystorm
Old 6 Dec 18, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

The email we received advised that Estoppel would take about 3 weeks, then closing documents and instructions, then about 3 weeks to update the account. I'm a little nervous as we need to bank by the end of January so we only have 8 weeks!
Noodlez is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 18, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
yozza1977
Getting Excited

Well I got the official email this morning that I passed ROFR :-) so if anyone has any advice now on a couple of things I am unclear on that would be fab
At what point do I have to pay the balance?
How long will it be before I have the points and can make a reservation?

Would love to go and celebrate but just had an op on my mouth and its killing me so no alcohol or good food for at least a week! - :-(
Well done!
Not sure if it helps but this was our timeline for an add on contract recently:
Offer accepted: 8/9/18
sent to ROFR: 12/9/18
ROFR passed: 3/10/18
Contracts issued: 9/10/18
Closed: 23/10/18
Points in DVC account: 3/11/18
I sent final funds on Fri 19/10/18 by travelwire and they were received on Mon 22/10/18.
yozza1977 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 18, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Thanks everyone - really helpful - I have saved a link to the OC comptroller website. SO I am guessing that I don't do anything now until I get the closing documents from the title company? (come on pound - rise at least a little please !)

I have seen some reward flights on the system I am anxious to secure would I be safe in booking them now?

I am looking to holiday for 2 weeks on 20th August 2019 would anyone be able to check and see what availability is like for that time please - we just need a studio. I am hoping that something is likely to still be available by the time I can sign in and book?

Thanks for the help and support guys
skstorm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 18, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
eaglesrest
Apprentice Imagineer

You could search the comptroller site for the sellers name now and locate your contract, just to get a feel for it and curiosity

Definitely book the reward flights now. You can always amend or cancel for a full refund and small admin fee if need be.

Where do you want to stay in August? You WILL get availability at SSR August even if the points take the maximum possible time to complete. SSR studios are showing as predicated availability until 3 months out.

CCV and VGF have no availability in a studio at the 9-month mark. Looking at Skier_Pete's forecast doc you might be able to get a studio at 7-months at:
AKL Kidani Savannah View
OKW

The rest have predicted partial or no availability. Move up to a 1-bedroom and you have lots of options

Edited at 10:35 AM.
eaglesrest is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 18, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Thanks everyone - really helpful - I have saved a link to the OC comptroller website. SO I am guessing that I don't do anything now until I get the closing documents from the title company? (come on pound - rise at least a little please !)

I have seen some reward flights on the system I am anxious to secure would I be safe in booking them now?

I am looking to holiday for 2 weeks on 20th August 2019 would anyone be able to check and see what availability is like for that time please - we just need a studio. I am hoping that something is likely to still be available by the time I can sign in and book?

Thanks for the help and support guys
At the moment there are studios everywhere save for Copper Creek (which has an absurdly low number of studios for the points on offer at that resort and will likely never be available at 7 months and could have pressure at 11 in studios). However given that you will not likely have this all sewn up until late December or early January there’s no telling what will be available. However end of August is one of the quietest DVC times so as long as you are booking before 7 months you will almost certainly (Probably more than almost certainly but we all need caveats) be getting SSR and if you are ready to book at 8am on 7 months you will probably have a decent choice of quite a few resorts.

Things can still go wrong with a purchase even at this stage but risk is now low so if it were me I personally would be happy to book flights. However it may be worthwhile hanging on now for another 2-4 weeks until closing is done unless you see an amazing flight deal or will lose your airmiles or something.
Old 7 Dec 18, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Thanks for that everyone.

I have always said that I was happy at Saratoga and nothing has changed so as long as I would be able to get in there I'm happy - very happy right now as I wasn't expecting to be going next year and trying to work on mum and dad to come with us as we would be able to treat them.

The flights are limited and I have the final ones on that flight on hold although missing a few points - (could really do with referring someone for Amex if they need it!) - trying to work out anyway to increase the points on that front to secure the final flight. But think I would want to secure them at this point.

I had a quick look on the comptroller site for my name but didn't see anything at this point.

Getting giddy now - is the 14 days for 7 likely to be the best offer we get on disney tickets or is there likely to be an improvement on that in the boxing day sales. My little boy put 4 disney world tickets on his christmas list as he said he was going to ask for tickets for everyone but I don't think he is really expecting any to turn up so we would love to have them under the tree for him however if the deal would be much better after christmas we would have to wait :-(
skstorm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 18, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
onion2803
Apprentice Imagineer

Ahhh congrats, it's so exciting!

We ROFR'd on Oct 1st, though the official email from Timeshare Store came through on 2nd...we got access to DVC on Oct 16th after calling Disney for the log in details - everything went through so quickly!

We just did our first DVC stay in Polynesian for three nights using the leftover 2017 points, had to use the waitlist thingy which is a fab tool and got an upgrade to lake view when we arrived. Felt surreal going for first time as an owner!
onion2803 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 18, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
eaglesrest
Apprentice Imagineer

The flights are limited and I have the final ones on that flight on hold although missing a few points - (could really do with referring someone for Amex if they need it!) - trying to work out anyway to increase the points on that front to secure the final flight. But think I would want to secure them at this point.

I had a quick look on the comptroller site for my name but didn't see anything at this point.

Getting giddy now - is the 14 days for 7 likely to be the best offer we get on disney tickets or is there likely to be an improvement on that in the boxing day sales. My little boy put 4 disney world tickets on his christmas list as he said he was going to ask for tickets for everyone but I don't think he is really expecting any to turn up so we would love to have them under the tree for him however if the deal would be much better after christmas we would have to wait :-(
What about getting the Virgin money FC card - free version, if you don't have it already? You could also do a monster xmas shop at Tesco too

Only issue at this stage is you need the points like yesterday so you might need to buy some or risk losing the flights.

I got 4% off the price of tickets direct from Disney by going via Topcashback. Check what they are offering now. Same for Quidco.

The comptroller site won't show anything when searched using your name until you have closed and the title company have sent it in for recording. You can search by the 'sellers' name now and see the deed for the contract you are buying.

Edited at 04:19 PM.
eaglesrest is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List