Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 15 Nov 18, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Licoricelover
Excited about Disney

I was saving for another add on somewhere next year but definitely won't bother now. I would rather pay cash for a few days, which is what I do now.
We had the same problem at AK with no text telling us our room was ready. We went to the desk at 5 o'clock and they apologised and gave us all 3 fast passes each for any of the rides.
I have points at AK and cannot understand why it has the highest increase in dues. We were there for Irma last year and apart from one large tree against the main building at Jambo and some uprooted on the Savannah there was very little damage. I can only think it's for the pool refurb at Jambo. A bit gutted if this is going to happen every year.
Licoricelover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

If people are that much against the rise then they could get the proxies of enough members and vote then down at the next condo meeting in December..

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 18, 02:36 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I think this rise has really knocked members and Disney’s best customers, they could start to right the wrong by saying they won’t accept the millions in windfall management fees caused by dues rising. They must have known the reaction this would cause, but no attempt to mitigate that.
Old 16 Nov 18, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Off topic but given its about money ... Characters inside are losing the photographers for automated machines.
Old 16 Nov 18, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Do you think there will be a slump in sales now that this new information on dues has been released? The resale market could also see a lot of activity.
Old 16 Nov 18, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Off topic but given its about money ... Characters inside are losing the photographers for automated machines.
Thats pretty rubbish but TBF, but some of the PP photographers are useless anyway so it may be an improvement!
Old 16 Nov 18, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Do you think there will be a slump in sales now that this new information on dues has been released? The resale market could also see a lot of activity.
Simple answer... No...
Allthough with every price increase you will get people saying they will sell but most in the end don't.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 18, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Historical DVC due increases can be found at
dvcinfo/dvc-information/...-dues-history/

I can swallow a 9.5% increase this year at BWV, its how it plays out over the next few years I am more worried about.

I believe we wave all voting rights to DVC at the yearly meeting, who then vote themselves to manage the properties for us, so we have no options to swallow the dues or sell up.

Will be interesting to see how resale prices react when the bills hit the letterbox in Jan. I assume there will be some sort of correction in the pricing of resale.
Old 16 Nov 18, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
Simple answer... No...
Allthough with every price increase you will get people saying they will sell but most in the end don't.
Looking at the history of the dues, park tickets, rack rates there seems to be a correlation between them all.

None of them point to this level of increase every year. I'm not worried, I think the market forces in play will balance out over the medium term and our expected return will be flat.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 18, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
Simple answer... No...
I think I would rent before thinking of selling, I could sell a small chunk to pay off a bit of my dues and holiday on the rest myself.