Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 16 Nov 18, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
NeeNeeWong
Getting Excited

MVMCP experience tonight

Hi all,

We attended MVMCP tonight, and thought we’d share our experience incase it helps anyone!

At 4:30 we headed down Main Street and got a band. Once we had it we grabbed a pin and then headed into town square to see jack. It doesn’t tell you this on the app or on the map, we found out from a CM earlier in the day where he would be and that he started at 4:30 (same as Dwarfs) We hit the queue at 4:45, we finished with Jack and Sally about 2 hours later.

Popped over to get our sorcerers card and they marked our party bands to confirm we had one. Then made our way up the edge of Main Street collecting cookies and photo shots along the way.

We were slightly hungry as we bypassed lunch due to the huge breakfast we had, so headed to peco bells. After we hit every cookie location we could heading over to the Dwarfs. By now the first parade was on, the queue time was about 45 mins. So we thought next we would go to the fireworks at 10 watching the show on Main Street at 9:30.

After the fireworks we ran over to Judy and Nick which was only a 20 mins wait, then headed back to watch the 11pm parade.

We knew we wanted to grab some more cookies before going on mine train before it closed so we watched the fireworks just across the bridge from in front of the castle, along liberty square. Grabbed the cookie and hit mine train at 11:50. We were off it at about 12:20. Done a bit of later night browsing and grabbed some more photo shots on the way back to the boat as the queues were the shortest we had seen all night.

Got on the ferry just before 1 and we were back at music 15 mins later!

Overall we both really enjoyed the night and we have WAY more cookies than I can eat! One of the CM literally filled my arms with about 10 cookies at once!
Old 16 Nov 18, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

Glad you had a good time, we went last week and enjoyed it but it was so hot and busy! We went to MNSSHP a week before and it was cooler and not so crowded and that was Halloween night. I thought the parade and fireworks were better on MVMCP night. I thought the queue times were great on both nights too, most were 10-15 mins. I just wish MVMCP night was cooler so it felt more Christmassy, we didn't want hot cocoa!
LRMD is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 18, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
NeeNeeWong
Getting Excited

It was great last night as the rain had cooled it down! I was thinking that if we had booked for Tuesday it would have been unbearable! We pulled out the jumpers last night. There was even people wrapped in blankets with gloves.

Most of the queue times we’re the same, I don’t think I’ve ever seen pirates at 5 mins!

Just got a lot of cookies to get through now.
Old 16 Nov 18, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Who are Jack and Sally and Judy and Nick?
Old 16 Nov 18, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
eeyoremad
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Jack and Sally are the characters in nightmare before christmas and the other 2 are zootropolis i think
eeyoremad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 18, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
NeeNeeWong
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by eeyoremad View Post
Jack and Sally are the characters in nightmare before christmas and the other 2 are zootropolis i think
That’s right!
Old 16 Nov 18, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
boarder4life
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Am I reading this correctly that the seven dwarfs and jack skellington came out for photos at 4.30pm?
boarder4life is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 18, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
NeeNeeWong
Getting Excited

Yep! We started to queue at 4:45 for Jack and at that point it was already 2 hours. We thought we’d wait as then we didn’t miss the Christmas party that started at 7 waiting for his photo. The queue was moving so assumed people must have been waiting even earlier than 4:30!

The CM told us the Dwarfs started at 4:30 too, but if you went when the first parade was on many people with kids watch that so the queue gets quieter.

There weren’t many kids in the Jack queue, mostly adults so I could see that being busy all evening!

The map only shows a Mickey head for characters and doesn’t tell you who the characters are, we just ended up wondering over to buzz spin and saw Nick and Judy by chance hidden round the corner. It says refer to the app for the characters but all evening 7D and Jack didn’t pop up on there, I guess not to advertise it as then the queues would be even bigger!

Edited at 06:47 PM.
NeeNeeWong is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 18, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by NeeNeeWong View Post
Hi all,

We attended MVMCP tonight, and thought we’d share our experience incase it helps anyone!

At 4:30 we headed down Main Street and got a band. Once we had it we grabbed a pin and then headed into town square to see jack. It doesn’t tell you this on the app or on the map, we found out from a CM earlier in the day where he would be and that he started at 4:30 (same as Dwarfs) We hit the queue at 4:45, we finished with Jack and Sally about 2 hours later.

Popped over to get our sorcerers card and they marked our party bands to confirm we had one. Then made our way up the edge of Main Street collecting cookies and photo shots along the way.

We were slightly hungry as we bypassed lunch due to the huge breakfast we had, so headed to peco bells. After we hit every cookie location we could heading over to the Dwarfs. By now the first parade was on, the queue time was about 45 mins. So we thought next we would go to the fireworks at 10 watching the show on Main Street at 9:30.

After the fireworks we ran over to Judy and Nick which was only a 20 mins wait, then headed back to watch the 11pm parade.

We knew we wanted to grab some more cookies before going on mine train before it closed so we watched the fireworks just across the bridge from in front of the castle, along liberty square. Grabbed the cookie and hit mine train at 11:50. We were off it at about 12:20. Done a bit of later night browsing and grabbed some more photo shots on the way back to the boat as the queues were the shortest we had seen all night.

Got on the ferry just before 1 and we were back at music 15 mins later!

Overall we both really enjoyed the night and we have WAY more cookies than I can eat! One of the CM literally filled my arms with about 10 cookies at once!
I am pleased you had a better experience than me - here is my reply on the stick in response to Disney07's remarks on wristbands not being checked.

"I found exactly the same last night - bands were never checked anywhere after the entrance (we arrived about 4pm) and there were loads of people left in the park who didn't have wristbands. Maybe I was just unlucky but queues for the rides I was interested in were 45 mins+. The shops certainly weren't checking wristbands even at 1030 and anyone could buy anything including the Passholder Pins (didn't ask for sight of Pass either).

I have to say I was generally very disappointed at this and my friend who is an AP said exactly the same - she had never seen it so bad. Quite a lot of people on the trams to the car parks didn't have wristbands either and were saying how great the evening was - no wonder they didn't have to pay for it.

Perhaps Disney need to look into this to give their ticket paying customers a nicer experience.

Hope anyone else going has a better experience - the parade and shows were fun - shows at the Castle were very busy indeed. The fireworks certainly don't disappoint."
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 18, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
eeyoremad
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Whereabouts are Jack and Sally at the party? my favourite film is nightmare before christmas.
eeyoremad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List