Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 17 Nov 18, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Lynda
Imagineer

Lynda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Footwear

I really struggle with my feet whilst in Florida. I have tried lots of different sandals ( Cant wear trainers) and get sore feet all the time which affects our enjoyment.
I have been recommended to try chaco sandals but can't find a stockist in UK.
What do you all wear for the parks that don't cause blisters.
Old 17 Nov 18, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
bennyboy0751
VIP Dibber

ann wears sketchers because they have great foot padding i do too only shoes i can wear brand new and not have to worry avbout blister give them ago great for parks and they do do lovely ladies trainers now
bennyboy0751 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 18, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Lynda
Imagineer

Lynda's Reviews
I have tried several pairs of sketchers and my feet get so hot then they rub.
Old 17 Nov 18, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Mobile

Skechers yoga mat sole sandals. I have both mules and walking sandals. They’re really comfortable. Debenhams and Amazon do them.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 18, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Reef fanning flip flops. They have arch support and so comfy!
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 18, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
bennyboy0751
VIP Dibber

i know this might sound daft but have you tried sitting with your feet in really salty water to toughen your feet up a bit because it sounds like you have real delicate skin on your feet
bennyboy0751 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 18, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Lynda
Imagineer

Lynda's Reviews
Originally Posted by bennyboy0751 View Post
i know this might sound daft but have you tried sitting with your feet in really salty water to toughen your feet up a bit because it sounds like you have real delicate skin on your feet
I will give anything a try thanks
Old 17 Nov 18, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Trouble3
Apprentice Imagineer

Trouble3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I've always suffered really badly with blistering feet. I have no hard skin on my feet and nothing changes that. If I blister, the new skin is just as "delicate", time and time again. Baby soft feet.

I have Earth Spirit and Clarks sandals. All my sandals have to have bendy/flexible soles with loads of cushioning.

Whilst you're out there, pop into somewhere like Dollar Tree and get some Epsom Salts, then soak your feet (and legs if you want) in an Epsom Salt bath every night... that really helps me.
Old 17 Nov 18, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

we were in Orlando earlier this month, for 8 nights, I took 5 pairs of flipflops/sandals with me, and I wore them all on alternate days. I suffer with a fallen arch and dodgy ankle, and by alternating what I wore on my feet I didn't get anywhere near the pain (or blisters) I usually would doing a theme park trip.
My shoes were - O'Neill strap sandals, 2x Karrimor walking sandals (the new ones did give me blisters but my old faithfuls didn't) and Gelert Eva walking sandals, all for the parks, and when we went to Discovery Cove I had my fitflops.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 18, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
GALE88
slightly serious Dibber

Came on here to say the same as sammykitten. Try alternating between a couple of different styles. That way if you do get a blister one day you can wear a different style the next day and they won't rub in the same place.
GALE88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List