Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 22 Nov 18, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Zellotape View Post
You cannot convert the TS to QS. We were there last week and asked in the resort about this, just to double check, and you are unable to use for QS. you can convert it for 3 snacks though as other people have said, but again it would be a total waste!

Edit: the only way you can use a TS for QS (in my understanding) is if you are on the DXDDP. which would mean you can use your 3 credits per day on either TS or QS
I think it’s at the CMs discretion although we’ve never tried it as we never have enough TS credits as it is.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 18, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Zellotape
Excited about Disney

Zellotape's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I think it’s at the CMs discretion although we’ve never tried it as we never have enough TS credits as it is.
Tbh i would want to risk it and loosing out on using a TS credit!
We were like you and managed to use all our TS up with no issues!
We also nearly ran out of QS credits! Snacks on the other hand...

I think the CM who we asked on the front desk was just 'reading from the rule book' kinda thing.
Its a similar gamble to ordering alcohol with a kids meal for the adult to consume. It really depends on the CM who is serving you.
Old 22 Nov 18, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Tbh i would want to risk it and loosing out on using a TS credit!
We were like you and managed to use all our TS up with no issues!
We also nearly ran out of QS credits! Snacks on the other hand...

I think the CM who we asked on the front desk was just 'reading from the rule book' kinda thing.
Its a similar gamble to ordering alcohol with a kids meal for the adult to consume. It really depends on the CM who is serving you.
I had contacted Disney a couple of years ago with some feedback suggesting a dining plan in between DDP and DxDDP where credits were interchangeable for both QS and TS meals (really cos that would suit me best!) and the reply stated you could exchange TS credits for QS meals. She was kind of missing the point as I wanted it the other way round but that seemed to me to be the official Disney line. Unfortunately I deleted the email but the Disney Parks Mom’s Panel confirms that you can exchange a TS credit for a QS meal.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 18, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

You cannot convert the TS to QS. We were there last week and asked in the resort about this, just to double check, and you are unable to use for QS. you can convert it for 3 snacks though as other people have said, but again it would be a total waste!

Edit: the only way you can use a TS for QS (in my understanding) is if you are on the DXDDP. which would mean you can use your 3 credits per day on either TS or QS
I used a TS credit for a QS meal without any problems when I was there in September. I didn't have the deluxe plan. It seems that the cms aren't singing from the same hymn sheet.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 18, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Beddy666
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Regarding table service/quick service. Is a drink included? As I’ve read that people don’t bother with the drink and change it to a snack credit, again if this is the case can this be done? Or again at CM discretion?
Beddy666 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 18, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
HevaDuck
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Yes if you don't want the drink you can get a snack instead with your QS meal it's helful if you are eating in the resorts as you have a free refilable mug. We were staying at OKW and ate in Captain Cooks at the Poly we didn't have our mugs with us but they just gave us a disposable cup to fill and still let us get a snack with the QS meal
HevaDuck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 18, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by HevaDuck View Post
Yes if you don't want the drink you can get a snack instead with your QS meal it's helful if you are eating in the resorts as you have a free refilable mug. We were staying at OKW and ate in Captain Cooks at the Poly we didn't have our mugs with us but they just gave us a disposable cup to fill and still let us get a snack with the QS meal
I have seen others stating that you can only swap your drink for a snack in the resorts and not in the parks.
Old 5 Dec 18, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
HevaDuck
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Burgmeister View Post
I have seen others stating that you can only swap your drink for a snack in the resorts and not in the parks.
We took advantage of the QS that had an alcoholic beverage in the parks we were on holiday afterall 😂
HevaDuck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List