Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 19 Nov 18, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
CupcakeJoo
Very Serious Dibber

CupcakeJoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Going to Sanaa AND Boma?!?!

Hi all

I had an ADR "meeting" with my parents this weekend LOL
And gave them 3 options to choose 2 dinners from; Sanaa, Boma and Homecomin'.
They chose Sanaa and Boma!

Are we silly doing both? We've done Boma a long time ago; my Dad and husband will love it. My kids are 9,7,5 when we go, I'm sure they will be OK too. But I REALLY want to go to Sanaa for my birthday dinner, but worrying we are silly choosing both of those if they're sort of similar?!?!?

Thanks! xx
Old 19 Nov 18, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
GenoviaPrincess
Proud to wear my Ears

Guess it depends what you like? We love interesting ethnic food so are doing both. Also, one is buffet and one is TS, and Sanaa has the viewpoint of the animals. So aside from the food possibly having similarities due to it being inspired by the same continent, I don't think the dining experiences will be remotely similar.

Amsterdam, Austria, Belgium, Berlin, Bosnia, Budapest, Bulgaria, Copenhagen, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Finland, Geneva, Greece, Israel, Italy, Madeira, Madrid, Montenegro, New York, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Sweden, Tallinn, Tunisia, Turkey, Valencia plus more.
GenoviaPrincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 18, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I had lunch at Jungle Skipper Canteen in MK twice when I was there in September. I'd only booked one but I enjoyed it so much I went back there again a few days later.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 18, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Out of those 3 I would also have chosen Boma and Sanna, they are both different and I didn't really get the hype of Homecomin , but understand its really popular. I like lunch at Sanna so you can see more of the animals or certainly and early dinner. I am sure you will have a great birthday with whichever you go for .

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 18, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

Sanaa has had some pretty poor reviews on here lately and I didn't think much of the food last year when we went. The bread service was the only bit we enjoyed, the rest of the food was pretty average.

Boma is a buffet which is generally poor value for children.

Just to throw something in to the mix, why not consider Jiko? It's a 2 credit if you're on the DDP but it's probably the best meal we had last trip.
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 18, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Having done both Boma and Sanaa (on separate trips), I found them to be quite different. Given that Boma is a buffet and Sanaa is standard TS they have a very different feel to them.

Maybe consider doing Boma for breakfast rather than dinner if you're worried about them being too similar?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 18, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

As above good idea - Boma one of our faves and always go for dinner and breakfast at least once! Only done Saana once, nice food and lovely setting - think they are two distinct experiences, don't worry too much 😊
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 18, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
TBh I didn't think they were alike at all & we had no problem doing both. I wouldn't rush back to Sanaa but that's mainly due to poorish service & the fact that half of my plate's offerings was luke warm. What we both had was tasty though & the bread service lived up to expectations. I feel the standard at Boma has slipped slightly & there are no where near the number of options that have been there previously.
Sd
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 18, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Bubbasmum
Apprentice Imagineer

It's never a mistake if it is somewhere you know you love to eat. What is your choice might not be someone else's... we ate at Sanaa twice in a week one holiday cos we love it s much.

We like Homecomin aswell... but I know it's not everyone's cup of tea.

POFQ 2006
DLP Hotel New York 2010 & 2011
OKW 2013
Championsgate 2014
Disneyland Hotel at Disneyland Paris 2015
Disney Magic Cruise - Barcelona 2015
Disney Magic Cruise - Norwejian Fjords 2016
SSR 2016, SSR 2018
Bubbasmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 18, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
CupcakeJoo
Very Serious Dibber

CupcakeJoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Hi everyone, sorry I didn't come back sooner to thank you for the replies!
We had our ADR day yesterday and went for Sanaa AND Boma!
Mum and I love the look of Sanaa, and the boys will love Boma! The kids won't be fussed either way and they have 2 x character brekkies to enjoy!
I also skipped 1900 Park Fare / Homecomin and went for Ohana again as I think it'll be such great value on the dining plan!
Hope I'm right! LOL

Thanks again xxx