Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 21 Nov 18, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

First time staying off-site (Windsor Hills) - food recommendations?

We're staying offsite for the first time in Windsor Hills, and will be eating a good few meals outside of the parks. Where would you recommend near Windsor Hills for breakfast, lunch, and dinner?

IHOP and Denny's are definitely on my list...where else should we absolutely try?

We are casual diners, not foodies *at all*, normally love buffets, and it has to be child friendly as it will be myself, my husband, my mom, and our two-year-old daughter.

Thanks for any tips!
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 18, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

I don't know the area but Friendly's is quite kid friendly and often have kids eat free nights.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 18, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
lolalolo86
Imagineer

We love Cici's Pizza buffet, cheap and cheerful and good variety of pizza and also serve soup, pasta and amazing hot brownies and cinnamon buns

Also really enjoy Olive Garden and Texas Roadhouse. Chick Fil A and Checkers for fast food. I have heard Culvers is great but we didn't make it there this time, fast food but a better quality and its brought to your table. Buffalo Wild Wings is great too.

In food courts we love Five Guys and a chinese

Breakfast we like Denny's, Bob Evans and Perkins.

Hope that gets you started on a few menu's to look at
lolalolo86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 18, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

We are staying at Windsor hills next year. It’s a brilliant location. Loads of lovely places around rolling oaks. Sweet tomato, Bahama breeze, millers.
There is an ihop just at the top of old lake Wilson rd on the 192
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 18, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Weirdo19
Excited about Disney

Cracker Barrell for breakfast. It really is a great area, you’ve got every chain within a 5 min drive and a monster Target too!
Weirdo19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 18, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

We have stayed there 3 times, we like Olive Garden, Sweet Tomatoes, Millers, Chilis, Outback and Cicis.
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 18, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

Brilliant, thanks so much for the recommendations! I'm not familiar with the vast majority of these, but at least now if I see one of them I'll know they're worth going into haha. There's SO many places to eat that I tend to feel a bit overwhelmed but now I have a great list to start with.
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 18, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
lovestoplan
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We have stayed in Windsor Hills before and will be back again next summer. We always hit golden coral for a fill up cheap and cheerful breakfast. Black Angus steak house just on the corner of Irlo Bronson that you turn down to go Windsor Hills is always a must visit for us
lovestoplan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 18, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Mumtotwo
slightly serious Dibber

We love Millers for a nice meal but inexpensive. For a steak meal we love Longhorns. Have to say most of the restaurants that have been named are family friendly and will welcome young and old. Enjoy all your new dining experiences.
Mumtotwo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 18, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
coinneach
Imagineer

Perkins, Logans Roadhouse and Longhorn are others that we enjoy.
Culver's along the 192 West has been getting great reviews as well.
coinneach is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List