Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 25 Nov 18, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
cat
Dibbing with Tink

Gatwick - evening before flight?

We are flying VA so will do the twilight check in but looking at the airport info there doesn’t appear to be that many places to eat and they close pretty early.

We are staying at the Hampton Inn at the Airport and have meet and greet parking booked so will lose the car once we arrive.

Any suggestions on what to do?

We could arrive a bit early and go somewhere local first for something to eat (other than McDs), anything close by?

Looking at the airport map, is Giraffe the best onsite option if we decide to check in and then eat?

Trying not to spend a fortune, as that’s less spending money for the proper bit of the holiday
cat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 18, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

We are in giraffe now

To be honest we think it’s the best place round here really. We went to Nando’s for lunch - thanks to a drama with OH we had to go into Crawley. It’s only 10 minutes away and there’s a Nando’s, TGI Fridays, Frankie and Bennys, Bella Italia and Pizza Hut by the cineworld.

We had planned to eat dinner in Giraffe as we did previously but after our Nando’s lunch, we’re just having drinks and dessert now!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 18, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

When I was there in September I had dinner in Giraffe in the south terminal - it was yummy
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 18, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

3 options at the Hilton South

Giraffe South

Weatherspoons South

Nicholas Culpepper North

3 Options at the Sofitel North

Premier Inn North

Hampton by Hilton North

Limited but ample choice

Disney332
Old 25 Nov 18, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Thyme at the Premier Inn North is pretty good.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 18, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by tspill View Post
Thyme at the Premier Inn North is pretty good.
Exactly. Very good choices and quite reasonable.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 18, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

We had the two course meal deal at Thyme at the Premier Inn, which was tasty and excellent value. Great choice of meals, I had the sea bass and DD had the Katsu chicken curry plus we had starters and a drink each all for around £26, this also included a buffet breakfast. It was very busy when we went and I had booked a few days before when we completed online check in for our room, so it may be worth making a reservation
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 18, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Hooray4Disney
Imagineer

Hooray4Disney's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We had this dilemma this year. By the time we had done twilight check in and then the hotel, at the Hampton Inn, we arrived at Giraffe at 9.02pm. They refused to seat us as it was gone 9.00pm ...
So, we ate at Wetherspoons ... I was not overly keen at this decision. However, the boys picked this option instead and I have to say, that I was pleasantly surprised. It was quite good and very reasonably priced. Good service and the food was fine.
2002 - Hampton Lakes, WDW. 2003 - Westridge Villas, WDW. 2005, 2008, 2011 Formosa Blvd, WDW. 2010, 2013 Hotel Cheyenne, DLP. 2014 OKW/Westridge, WDW. 2015 - NYC, DCA & Rotonda West. 2016 - Hotel Kyriad, DLP. 2016 - Toronto 2017 - OKW, Bahama Bay & The Keys 2018 - Vegas, Yellowstone, San Francisco, L.A. 2018 DLP - Hotel B&B 2019 - Lake Berkeley, WDW. 2022 - Seattle/Hawaii
Hooray4Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 18, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
We have also eaten in The Premiere Inn and it was good but if you have a car Crawley is very close with lots of options th eat
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 18, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Kasalic
Excited about Disney

We are staying at the Premier Inn North on 2nd January when we go. We are leaving straight from work at 3:30pm, and have parking arranged at Purple Parking. We normally use one of the nearby hotel/parking deals through Holiday Extra's, but none of these were significantly cheaper and the option of dropping bags at Twilight check-in and straight to Hotel appealed. The OH is now panicking because she has realised she will not be able to take make up and hair straighteners on carry on luggage.

I haven't reserved a table for the evening meal, as I figured we'd be able to grab something from the airport if they were too busy.
June 2015 - 14 days - Silver Creek, Clermont
Sept 2016 - 14 days - Gulf Coast
January 2019 - 16 days - Kissimmee
August 2019 - 7 days - I Drive

Edited at 11:35 AM.
Kasalic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List