Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 27 Nov 18, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
RCI and Celebrity often offer their drinks package for free as a promo so are defo worth looking at. If you want luxury for your honeymoon the new Celebrity Edge will be worth a look. Although if you loved NCL (we do too!) Then stick with them.

As for my fave med ports, I loved our Canaries cruise. Some great beaches but also cities and other stuff to see. As well as the Canaries it included Madeira and Malaga both of which we loved. We went on the NCL Epic, not sure if she's still sailing the canaries.

I guess I'm a little 'over' places like Italy as I find them very expensive and kinda stressful. I'm more into the laid back Spanish ports where it's easy to explore on your own.
Well not luxury unfortunately, we'll be in an inside cabin and looking for under £1k each. However I just liked the feel of NCL, with the adult bars, speciality restaurants, comedy clubs, better entertainment etc. TUI seemed like a bit Butlins like, however I still enjoyed it.

I've never tried Celebrity, P&O, RC etc, so I'm happy to most definitely consider, but I would like the drinks included, rather than paying OOP for it, or paying to add on the package, so that does seem to be limiting me somewhat.

I'm keen for Kotor, as its a new country for me. I'm not fussed about Rome, as I know its miles away, and I only went last month. Barcelona and Venice are places I've only been to briefly, and would be happy to visit.

Decisions decisions...
Old 27 Nov 18, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
RCI and Celebrity often offer their drinks package for free as a promo so are defo worth looking at. If you want luxury for your honeymoon the new Celebrity Edge will be worth a look. Although if you loved NCL (we do too!) Then stick with them.

As for my fave med ports, I loved our Canaries cruise. Some great beaches but also cities and other stuff to see. As well as the Canaries it included Madeira and Malaga both of which we loved. We went on the NCL Epic, not sure if she's still sailing the canaries.

I guess I'm a little 'over' places like Italy as I find them very expensive and kinda stressful. I'm more into the laid back Spanish ports where it's easy to explore on your own.
Oh, yes I forgot about Madeira - fab cable car ride! and Malaga - if you go there a trip to the Alhambra Palace is a must do.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 18, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
Well not luxury unfortunately, we'll be in an inside cabin and looking for under £1k each. However I just liked the feel of NCL, with the adult bars, speciality restaurants, comedy clubs, better entertainment etc. TUI seemed like a bit Butlins like, however I still enjoyed it.

I've never tried Celebrity, P&O, RC etc, so I'm happy to most definitely consider, but I would like the drinks included, rather than paying OOP for it, or paying to add on the package, so that does seem to be limiting me somewhat.

I'm keen for Kotor, as its a new country for me. I'm not fussed about Rome, as I know its miles away, and I only went last month. Barcelona and Venice are places I've only been to briefly, and would be happy to visit.

Decisions decisions...
If you like NCL you'll like RCI! Very similar kind of feel and entertainment. We did our first RCI cruise this year and loved it just as much as NCL, in fact maybe the food was just a smidge better. But you'd want to catch RCI's free drinks package offer- are they not offering that at the mo?

Maybe a Greek isles cruise? They often capture Kotor etc too.

Oh and we always sail in inside cabins too... so we can afford more cruises!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 18, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
scarecrow
Imagineer

scarecrow's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
NCL has some really interesting ports, we went to Israel overnight, fantastic place, I’m not religious at all, but found it all really interesting. We sailed on The Spirit out of Venice. If it’s your honeymoon, I think you should go to Venice, so romantic. I can recommend the hotel Olympi in Venice, easy to get to from the bus station and close to the port.

Which month is the Honeymoon?
1990. - somewhere on the 192,2006 - Country Inn and Suites LBK, 2007- LA and San Diego, 2008 - Regal Palms, 2009 - OKW, 2010- Yacht Club, 2011- DCL Magic - Med,2012 - Yacht Club, 2013 - Carnival Sunshine Med cruise, 2014 Carnival Breeze and the Yacht Club

Photo app trip reports Carnival Med Cruise and VA & BA UC & Club indexhttp://http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/reporter-index.php?userid=19933

Pre cruise Med http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...d+cruise+mouse

Edited at 07:32 PM.
scarecrow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 18, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Mobile

I’d second P&O drinks prices being reasonable. Also the currency in board is £ so you don’t need to worry about working anythibg our or currency fluctuations. If you look to the Britannia, there are so many outside cabins that you might find you get one for not much more than an inside.
meboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 18, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
valegroovers
slightly serious Dibber

Santorini is just stunning and a must if you can find an itinerary with it on. We went with RC this year just so I could visit this beautiful island, been wanting to go for 30years and it most certainly didn’t disappoint.
Koror, Montenegro is another stunner, we loved it so much the following year we went back for a holiday there.
Old 27 Nov 18, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I loved Malta , the port is so old and beautiful
also did the fjords and the ports were stunning too especially Bergen when we took the funicular to the top of the mountain , beautiful day and stunning views
Old 27 Nov 18, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
sorry forgot to say this year was P&O for 4 of us. we had a couple of dinners and lunches in the glass house and the beach house and went to the Epicurian for dinner which have supplements , Had plenty to drink both adults and kids, cocktails wine Gin beer and mocktails for the kids and got some bits in the gift shop and some costas and our bill for the week was just over £500
would definitely go again with P&O
Old 27 Nov 18, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Madeira is very popular cruise port docking in funchal... Loads to do in land the cable cars, wicker sleigh rides through the streets... Or you can go back out to sea on a catamaran whale and dolphin watching which is amazing
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 18, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
We did a Med cruise on the Magic last year. We skipped Rome as frankly I can afford a short break in Rome another year, whereas it will be years before I can afford DCL again!

Naples was a bit of a dump but we got a HOHO bus to Herculaneum which was fab. Then came back and hunted down a pizza place we saw on Paul Hollywood’s City Breaks, and oh wow, it was worth trudging round in torrential rain for.

Pisa was OK but done and dusted in a few hours.

We were supposed to go to Villefranche but there were high winds so the tenders couldn’t run. So they switched the sea day round and the next day we went to Marseille instead. Nice for a couple of hours but we didn’t get the best of it.

To be honest it was our first cruise and we were so smitten by the Magic that ports took a back seat!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List