Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 26 Nov 18, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
The truth about the menopause

Just sat and watched this and found it really interesting . Im off to The drs again next week to get another blood test as I having more hot flushes especially at night so I’m exhausted most days , anxiety and every bone in my body aches when I go from sitting to standing . My last blood test showed i was in it but the symptoms are just increasing .im going to explore hrt although my mum had breast cancer so it scares me so much but I feel ill . I also feel so alone though as only one friend is going through it the rest just don’t understand
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 18, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker100
VIP Dibber

I sympathise ☹️ I’ve been on HRT for just under a year for peri menopause as well as antidepressants I was on for ages for PMDD (bloody awful period moods) and still don’t feel myself, but better than a year ago. No one else I know is going through this so it does make it hard to have no one close to compare notes and rant to! I recorded the programme so looking forward to watching it.

Can’t give you advice on taking HRT but my GP said it’s as safe as any medication and a bit of googling seemed to back that up, she also gave me lots of info to take away and read which laid out both points of view. Obviously with breast cancer in your family you’re bound to be nervous but discuss your options with your GP and I’m sure you’ll feel much more clear about what to do. Sending hugs 🤗
Old 27 Nov 18, 12:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Originally Posted by sunseeker100 View Post
I sympathise ☹️ I’ve been on HRT for just under a year for peri menopause as well as antidepressants I was on for ages for PMDD (bloody awful period moods) and still don’t feel myself, but better than a year ago. No one else I know is going through this so it does make it hard to have no one close to compare notes and rant to! I recorded the programme so looking forward to watching it.

Can’t give you advice on taking HRT but my GP said it’s as safe as any medication and a bit of googling seemed to back that up, she also gave me lots of info to take away and read which laid out both points of view. Obviously with breast cancer in your family you’re bound to be nervous but discuss your options with your GP and I’m sure you’ll feel much more clear about what to do. Sending hugs 🤗
Thank you . Im definately going to talk it through. Convincing my mum I’m ok on it might be another hurdle though. I’m sat here wide awake again after another flush and feeling exhausted all day . It’s vicious .
Can I ask are you on the patches or tablets ?
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 18, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve recorded this. Looking forward to watching, so I hope it was interesting!
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 18, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I missed this, can anyone tell me which channel it was on please so I can see if I can get it on catch up tv
I’ve been having hot flushes since early 2013 and there’s no sign of them going away.
My GP basically said to just get on with it.
I’ve had a couple of weeks recently where the flushes haven’t been as bad but the last 2 nights they’ve been awful which is leaving me with no energy to do anything.
I’m just so fed up with it now.
Old 27 Nov 18, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
I missed this, can anyone tell me which channel it was on please so I can see if I can get it on catch up tv
I’ve been having hot flushes since early 2013 and there’s no sign of them going away.
I’ve had a couple of weeks recently where the flushes haven’t been as bad but the last 2 nights they’ve been awful which is leaving me with no energy to do anything.
BBC1 last night at 9pm. Should be on iplayer now?
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 18, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
Please watch it as it’s shows you different women and how they cope . It might be worth a visit back to your gp or ask for a referral to gynae at the hospital x
Sept 24 POFQ
Old 28 Nov 18, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
arkv1lla
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 13
Mobile

I wanted to watch it but forgot

I started my menopause at40 and am now 52 and I still get hot flushes regularly

I’ve never taken anything I just decided I didn’t want to ( I was never on the pill or anything either so decided early on in life that I wouldn’t take hormones )

Maybe I’m lucky as I haven’t had any depression

I have a few issues but not suitable to be discussed here 🤣

I am also quite forgetful and sometimes my spacial awareness disappears and I bump into things

The trials of being a woman eh 🙄

Sandra
arkv1lla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 18, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
valegroovers
slightly serious Dibber

Haven’t watched yet but am peri menopausal.
Tried black cohosh, didn’t work for me.
Then got hrt from docs, that didn’t agree with me.
Am now taking red clover from health shop. Feel so much better though hasn’t completely stopped hot flushes but they’re far less than before.
Old 28 Nov 18, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

I think I am peri menopausal I am quite tired all the time, cranky, and gaining weight, really depressing.

My colleague has a magnet that she wears in her underwear, she swears it helps!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List