Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 28 Nov 18, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Due to my Cancer, I was put into Menopause and its horrible, but at least god willing I am cancer free.
Hate the hot sweats, the depression at times but above all hate the fact I have Peripheral Neurology from the Chemo.

However will not go on HRT due to the animal cruelty let alone the risks of Breast Cancer. Would hate to go through Chemo again and my god I hope I don't. x
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 18, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

Will watch this. Think I have been Peri for a number of year. Get hot flushes from time to time, tried sage - worked a couple of times, then didn't anymore. Black cohosh = didn't work. Magnesium - worked once, then stopped. Red clover - seems to have worked this time.
Tried the magnet, didnt seem to do anything expect stick to the car when washing it, shopping trolleys = bit embarassing, but gave me a laugh.
Also seem to find no-one to talk to because unless you are actually going through it you just don;t understand.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 18, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

The hot flushes are terrible, I had one in the middle of ICE at Gaylord Palms and stripped off the big padded duffle they give you and walked around in my t-shirt for a bit. I got some funny looks!
angelbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 18, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
jemett
Imagineer

Mobile

I think this show only skimmed the surface of the menopause. Some of the symptoms are debilitating.
Wouldn’t it all be great if we could afford a private gynaecologist who could prescribe us private medication! Real life isn’t like that!
So this show annoyed me!

EMMA
jemett is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 18, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Me too, when Mariella said she was visiting her gynaecologist I was like oh wow, good for you!

I just feel like a looney tunes at the moment, I could totally relate to the women saying they wanted to kill their husbands! 🤣

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 18, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

I was on HRT when I was diagnosed with breast cancer and they couldn’t get me off it quick enough. My next door neighbour was diagnosed several months after me and I spoke to my consultant as the neighbour the other side of her had already been treated for breast cancer - three houses in a row! The first thing the Consultant asked me was is she on HRT.

I am no expert but I would stay clear.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 18, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I am going through it, no more monthly curse for over a year, but the hot sweats are bad. I seem to get stressed and flush, the young fellow in Debenhams said to me it is really hot in here! He must of seen my face looking like this
I have had terrible anxiety which started to get really bad in 2012, I take a low dose ad which helps. I am overweight and have a bad back which doesn’t help! 😏
Old 30 Nov 18, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Mobile

I watched it and felt quite upset afterwards 😔 Made me feel old and I’m only 45 but definitely going through the menopause as I had a hysterectomy 2 years ago. The flushes are the worst and I never used to feel anxious but I do a lot at the moment, particularly regarding social situations. It also really made me think about upping my exercise levels and losing some weight. I’m not on HRT and don’t intend to try it either even though the programme made out that drinking wine was worse for you! I thought the same thing about the private gynaecologist and mammogram.
Glee Fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 18, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

I just wish that phase would arrive - I'm 54 - fifty bloomin four - and apart from an occasional hot flush and a bit of moody madness, regular as clockwork, so not getting there anytime soon..
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 18, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm well out on the other side at age sixty-five (falls to the knees in thanks)...

My take on it. There are two types of menopause victims, those with symptoms and those without.

If you have symptoms, the women who have no symptoms have no advice for you. When they start preaching about Evening Primrose Oil, take aim and swat!

My first inkling of it was when I got up one morning with a metaphorical sword strapped to my hip and the urge to use it. When I got downstairs, my late husband made the big mistake of saying, "Good morning"! to me.

I was lucky in that the menses stopped literally overnight at age forty-five. Another three occurred during the following year and that was it.

I went on HRT. The thing about HRT is finding the one that agrees with you. I ended up with a synthetic one called Livial which was the third one I tried, I loved it and it restored me.

Two years ago, I switched to patches (Evorel Conti) but only apply a quarter of one patch twice weekly. Unbelievably, if I come off HRT I still flush so a quarter keeps me in good nick and stops my back from clicking when I lie down at night. (old age isn't for sissies). I'm in this for life now.

Apparently, I have good bone density for a woman of my age and no issues in that area. I put that down to the HRT, my late mother had a myriad of issues most of which I share (thanks Mam) but none of her bone problems.

I am a strong advocate of HRT. Twenty years ago there weren't many books about menopause but two I liked were by Germaine Greer and Miriam Stoppard. I would highly recommend the one by Miriam Stoppard, I took a lot from it and it's since been updated.

Good luck to all of you with symptoms who are on this horrendous journey ...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List