Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Dec 18, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Helen1512
Very Serious Dibber

Hi
Just wondering how you all got on and if you managed to get seats booked? Really hope you’ve managed to get it sorted.
We’ve booked both outward and return seats now. As predicted on here the VS76 return flight was changed to a 5 pm departure. However our original booking says 8.15pm and we’ve never been informed of the flight time change, our seat booking page says 5pm departure, and if you do a dummy booking on virgin atlantic it gives VS76 as a 6.30pm departure. Anyone else got different times for this flight? We fly back on November 2nd.
Old 7 Dec 18, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Helen1512 View Post
Hi
Just wondering how you all got on and if you managed to get seats booked? Really hope you’ve managed to get it sorted.
We’ve booked both outward and return seats now. As predicted on here the VS76 return flight was changed to a 5 pm departure. However our original booking says 8.15pm and we’ve never been informed of the flight time change, our seat booking page says 5pm departure, and if you do a dummy booking on virgin atlantic it gives VS76 as a 6.30pm departure. Anyone else got different times for this flight? We fly back on November 2nd.
I managed to book our return leg yesterday for 1st Nov. I’ve booked PE in the bubble coming home with the hope it’ll be a little quieter up there on the night flight.? (Not been up there before)

I know what you are saying about flight times. Currently Virgin have a VS74 @ 7.55pm(the one we are on) and a VS76 @ 6.30pm. But when I go onto the Delta website it shows 3 flights 6.30pm/7pm/7.55pm the former two being the same flight by the look of it?!

Apparently Virgin are adding flights at certain times to use the airplanes that would normally go elsewhere?

It’s a bit concerning that Virgin are showing 2 flights returning on the 1st but Delta are showing 3?!

If anyone’s interested, you can see the seat maps on the Delta website easily without having to go through the whole booking system.

Kat 🤔

Edited at 10:02 AM.
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 18, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
r2001uk
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Still unable to book any seats here. Virgin actually called us back on Wednesday and said the VS73 is definitely running on our day and that seats will be bookable 7th (today) or 8th. Still no luck.

Return seats aren't bookable for us until the 13th.

Should we only be checking the VH booking site? I couldn't get anywhere on VA's site without a code. Just want to make sure we're constantly checking the right page.

Might take another trip into the store tomorrow and see if they can do anything now the flight is confirmed.

Our return VS76 is still showing as departing at 20:XX (can't remember the specific time).
r2001uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 18, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
r2001uk
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
If anyone’s interested, you can see the seat maps on the Delta website easily without having to go through the whole booking system.
Interestingly their site only shows one flight on October 26th 2019 and the code translates to vs75.

Is this super accurate or could Virgin still be adding the VS73 to that day and it5not yet updated elsewhere?

Edited at 06:40 PM.
r2001uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 18, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen1512
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We booked through VH as have flights and hotel. We’ve followed the “book seats” button from our VH “manage your booking” page which links us to VA page for booking seats. We were only able to book seats once the flight reference number appeared on our VH booking page. Hope you get sorted soon.
Old 7 Dec 18, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
r2001uk
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Helen1512 View Post
We booked through VH as have flights and hotel. We’ve followed the “book seats” button from our VH “manage your booking” page which links us to VA page for booking seats. We were only able to book seats once the flight reference number appeared on our VH booking page. Hope you get sorted soon.
Yep, that's the place, thank you.

Still no number on there unfortunately!
Old 7 Dec 18, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen1512
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by r2001uk View Post
Yep, that's the place, thank you.

Still no number on there unfortunately!
We found that the date on the first page of “manage your booking” for booking seats wasn’t accurate. It said we could book our return seats on Tuesday but didn’t get the airline reference number until 331 from our flight which was Thursday. We couldn’t book until later in the morning. I kept checking from 8am but had to go to work. DH booked them after lunchtime and the code was there then
Old 7 Dec 18, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

It’s all such a mess. Do anyone of us actually no the correct times

VH customer service actually booked my seats outbound and as yet it still doesn’t have a locator . It shows I’m on VS73 but when I enter the ref they gave me it shows I’m on VS75 9.55.

Had to speak to VA because nothing appeared for return flight and wasn’t waiting.
They confirmed no VS73 flying on 21st October but they managed to book my return seats ( which is bubble and paid for now.

Next problem is that I now have 2 booking references which I have to tell VH because if they don’t spot it my seats will not be recognised and may lose, despite being paid for.

On the manage my booking both VS73 and VS 76 show old times, while on the VA site have new schedule. . Wonder what will change
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 18, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Helen1512
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Glad you managed to at least get seats booked silverfox. What a palaver! We’ve emailed our travel agent who booked our VH booking to see if she knows anything about the different return times we’ve got for VS76. I’ll let you know if she sheds light on any on it.
Old 8 Dec 18, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Trebor1
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by silverfox46 View Post
It’s all such a mess. Do anyone of us actually no the correct times

VH customer service actually booked my seats outbound and as yet it still doesn’t have a locator . It shows I’m on VS73 but when I enter the ref they gave me it shows I’m on VS75 9.55.

Had to speak to VA because nothing appeared for return flight and wasn’t waiting.
They confirmed no VS73 flying on 21st October but they managed to book my return seats ( which is bubble and paid for now.

Next problem is that I now have 2 booking references which I have to tell VH because if they don’t spot it my seats will not be recognised and may lose, despite being paid for.

On the manage my booking both VS73 and VS 76 show old times, while on the VA site have new schedule. . Wonder what will change
The VA site should be the correct one for flight times. my VH manage my booking still shows old flight times. I spoke to VH about this and he said the site isn't clever enough to update with the new flight times.
Trebor1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List