Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 9 Dec 18, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Holidaylover19
VIP Dibber

Holidaylover19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Originally Posted by themeparksandy View Post
Can any of you honestly say that any of the attractions at Universal Studios at the moment are anyway better that the rides that were there in the 90’s?
To be fair to Universal, the Harry Potter areas are fantastic. And Simpsons Ride was pretty fun but that was before they started using screens in pretty much every new ride.

Neither Fast & Furious or Jimmy Fallon interest me, and the same for Transformers. I was quite disappointed in Universal Studios last time I visited. If I return it'll be for Harry Potter, Spiderman and Men In Black.
Holidaylover19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 18, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinklebell
Very Serious Dibber

JF was 'ok' but F&F a let down.

As to the comment on the dramatic response, isn;t that the whole point of the Dibb, for people to give their honest personal opinions? If I wanted just plain information I'd go to a guide book but here its real people with the uncensored opinions both for an against, that way I get a good feel for what's happening.

Fellow dibbers... keep those opinions coming!
Tinklebell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 18, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
gogs
Proud to wear my Ears

My family & I all quite like JF,
But if it was busy/closed we wouldn't be bothered really.
One thing was the seatbelts can be overly restrictive if they lock whilst really tight - my daughter was in a bit of distress when that happened to her (my tip is to put your hands in between your body & the belt so there's a bit of space before they lock).

We all tried F&F for the first time in October & every single one of us (aged 11-49) said at the end "Is that really it?!"
It's like a poor mans kong with no discernible storyline or thrills, the CGI is so poorly done & isn't worth even a short queue time.

Bit of a shame really as we've lost a fantastic experience with Duelling Dragons & not gained much.
gogs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 18, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
ratmanscoop
slightly serious Dibber

I'm less fussed about Dragon Challenge because it was quite unpopular despite being a great coaster and the replacement looks stunning. As it's Harry Potter, I'm sure it will be.
Old 12 Dec 18, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Can any of you honestly say that any of the attractions at Universal Studios at the moment are anyway better that the rides that were there in the 90’s?

never went in the 90's but was it really better pre harry potter ride/areas and another potter ride coming summer 2019?
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 18, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
ratmanscoop
slightly serious Dibber

I'd go with 'different'. Whether it's better or worse for the change in style is probably subjective.
Old 12 Dec 18, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
MsMinervaMouse
Excited about Disney

The effects were sort of cool, but if I had waited longer than the 10mins we spent in line, I would have been royally miffed. I wouldn't bother if we ever go again. Plus they told me off for standing up I didn't stand up, my butt had got stuck to the seat so I shifted myself back a bit!
Old 12 Dec 18, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I not been to Universal Studios since 2011 but reading the reviews the only good thing added since then is the London Harry Potter area.
Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem is quite good, although the queue for it tends to be very long. I enjoyed it (the ride, not the queue).

Transformers is good, even if it's just a copy of the Spider-Man ride at IOA but with Michael Bay's metallic messes that are called Transformers. It's certainly worth a go.

The new Simpsons area looks pretty good with some "interesting" food choices. It's nice to see that area get a theme. Of course, it depends on whether you're a fan of the Simpsons.

And, yes, the whole of Diagon Alley, Gringotts, Kings Cross and the Hogwarts Express is very good.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 18, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
joolsleeds
Apprentice Imagineer

joolsleeds's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Fallon was ok, as was Kong.

If F&F is anything other than walk on, I won’t bother doing it again... actually I won’t bother again. No story, low levels of theming and general confusion all round as to what the point of F&F was!

Even the cast members were saying how lame it was!
joolsleeds is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 18, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mseagle
Apprentice Imagineer

Went to Universal yesterday. I do like the park, which is very different and way more chilled than the excellent IoA. The whole Harry Potter experience is the stand out at Universal.
Went on F&F - dreadful in my opinion. A lot of build up for very little. Short ride that was neither fast nor furious. Will give that a miss in future - very disappointing.

Beautiful 4 Bedroom Villa with private pool and spa on the popular High Grove Community

Lovely view over a conservation area

Villa website : www.floridavillausa.com
mseagle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List