Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 2 Dec 18, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Kevybaby
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Thanks for all the great advice everyone, I'm probably more confused than ever though We haven't told the girls we're going yet but I can't imagine telling them we're going to Florida and not doing Disney! I haven't booked the Clearwater hotel yet, so thinking maybe give busch gardens a miss and do a couple of Disney days. Thanks again everyone
Kevybaby is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 18, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Ils
Excited about Disney

In my opinion it is what makes your family happy. I have done Florida and Disney 5 times and In my opinion the Disneyland Park in Paris is better then Magic Kingdom. Its newer, got better rides and is far less crowded. Off course WDW as an overall package is better then any other Disney resort but that is become of the variety it offers you.

I'm bringing my two lads for the first time 9 and 5 in Feb. My 5 year old is obsessed with Harry Potter and all he is talking about is getting a wand. I also asked him the other day which character he is looking forward to meeting the most and his reply was Cookie and Elmo at Busch Garden.

My 9 year old is a roller-coaster junkie like his father and just keeps watching Videos of Mako, Manta, Montu and Sheikra and cant wait as he is taller enough to ride them all.

As one of the posters above mentioned we have purchased the after hours tickets at MK and the early hour morning in Toy Storyland at DHS on President day just to get the Disney experience along with a three day hopper.

I don't care what anyone else said but for the Children, Disney is still Disney wherever you are so I wouldn't put too much emphasis on visiting it just because your in Orlando. If you do decide to visit just one Disney Park then I would advise Epcot or AK as they offer a compete different experience that you don't get anywhere else.

Edited at 12:53 PM.
Ils is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 18, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

We’ve just finished in universal and after 3 days we were completely done. Personally we wouldn’t contemplate coming here and not doing Disney. It’s so different to Paris. Only you will know if you will regret it though.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 18, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mattomeara
Excited about Disney

mattomeara's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I would stick with what you have booked as it is pretty full on when you first go. You want to make sure you make the most of it while you are there. I wouldn't want to cram too much in and miss something. Most people visit more than once if they can and if you go back you could do just Disney as we are next year. Age doesn't really matter as there is so much to do as people have pointed out previously.
Most importantly enjoy your holiday, I am sure it will live up to expectations 😁
mattomeara is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 18, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
sunshines
Apprentice Imagineer

In the end, the question is what would your children enjoy most?

We took ours to both Disney and Universal, but this is how it worked out. 13 year old (at the time) *not* a fan of thrill rides. Loved Harry Potter. Skipped most other rides at Universal. 10 year old "roller coaster junkie" loved all rides at Universal, but later, at 16, still loved Magic Kingdom the day we went for 16 hours. Favorite rides were Space Mountain, 7DMT, Splash Mountain, and Big Thunder Mountain. She would be chuffed to return to AK for EE and FOP and also Hollywood Studios for ToT and the Rock n Roller coaster. Our 7 and 12 (at the times they went) got most enjoyment from WDW. Adored HP at Universal, of course, but overall preferred 4 WDW parks. WDW overall best experience for us as a family (for our kids preferences and ages). I feel like they are changing as they grow. In a few years I expect they would prefer Universal. Planning to go back to WDW one more time with kids ages 9 (just starting to like coasters), 13 (prefers tamer coasters and loves theming), 16 (roller coaster junkie), 19 (prefers no coasters).
sunshines is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 18, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

I think it depends on your kids.
Have they ever mentioned Disney?
I’d possibly show my hubby a a clip of it and say someone at works going and do this so that they catch you as if they are bothered then they will say but it doesn’t the look like your asking about it instead it’s cos they are earwigging
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 18, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

With their ages it's a shame you didn't speak to them before buying any tickets as they are old enough to be part of the decision making process. However you know their likes and dislikes and I'm sure you'll have a great time wherever you go
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 18, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

My girls are 4 & 8 and we did Disney World (6 parks) and Universal (3 Parks) last year (2018).

This year (2019) we are doing Universal (3 Parks), Sea World, Bush Gardens, Aquatica, Tussaud’s, Sea Life and Orlando eye.

Next year (2020) we are doing just Disney for the whole 14 days.

My point is you can plan to do too much and end up watering down the experience as you rush around places. Disney is a BEAST - and you can do a dedicated 14 day holiday and not see it all (not even close). I personally would suggest that adding a a couple of days of Disney into a trip will have you spending a fortune and seeing a fraction of what’s on offer.

If you want to sprinkle in a little Disney magic and at little cost then spend a day at Disney Springs

Skip Disney this year and come back next year and do it proper . I love Paris and speak highly of it but Disney World is a different BEAST

Edited at 08:52 PM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 18, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Hi, i think what you have is fine, sometimes Disney do special 2 day tickets, but other than that i would maybe do just one or two or three day hopper tickets if we had time. You certainly find that time flies when you are there the first time. It is hardly ever a 1 off trip, Disney will always be there!
Old 2 Dec 18, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Kevybaby
Getting to know the DIBB

The only thing I have fully paid for is the discovery cove tickets which I got great black Friday deal on😊 The universal tickets I only paid a £40 deposit so don't mind loosing that. I really don't know what to do now! I was convinced I didn't need Disney but I'm just worried that especially my youngest will be devastated if we dont! I would love to keep it a surprise until we go but It probably would be best to get the girls thoughts. Thanks again folks😊

Edited at 10:40 PM.
Kevybaby is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List