Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 1 Dec 18, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiebun3
Apprentice Imagineer

rosiebun3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 4
BA premium economy

We have never flown with BA or paid for PE.
We tend to buy extra leg room seats for return journey to allow more space to get comfortable when ‘ sleeping’
I have found a good price with BA today £1119 for 2 adults direct with BA return flight PE outbound economy.
Do people think
This is a good price? I thought it was.
Is PE worth the extra, is the leg room/ space worth it ? We could do the trip for about £300 less without PE
Old 1 Dec 18, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

For me PE would have to be less than £100 each one way.
£150 each is pretty standard (depending on when you flying, busy time etc)
We have done it a few times and paid £60 VA, TC £70

As to is it worth it, this is totally up to you. Some people can’t/won’t go in economy and need the extra space for comfort.
The food from the us is still awful, extra case is handy. It is still economy just slightly better. Depends if you could use the £300 on something else.

For our flight with BA next May it was £100 extra when we booked. Left it for now but will keep checking.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 18, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post

I think that is a good price. PE provides about an extra 6 inches of seat pitch which I think makes a huge difference.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 18, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

We were upgraded to this for free last year and I have to say, it was wonderful. I honestly felt it made a world of difference to me. I would pay a bit more if it were reasonable, but because I’m always on a tight budget, it doesn’t fall within my margins. But if it were to fall within budget, I’d spend a bit extra.

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I think that is a good price. PE provides about an extra 6 inches of seat pitch which I think makes a huge difference.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 18, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

PE on BA is worth it as their economy seat size and pitch is about the worst in class, so anything to make a BA flight bearable.

Food and service is still on just passable in PE compared to others though.

I'd still look at other airlines first though.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 18, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
malt1977
Apprentice Imagineer

Sounds expensive to me, I’d be expecting it so come in at about £800. To be honest though, this is based on my using a BA Amex companion voucher that got us return flights coming back PE for £450 for the pair of us.

I must add, that we live in Jersey and the flights are cheaper that if you live on the mainland...I now understand why people do boomerang flights.

Edited at 07:51 AM.
malt1977 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 18, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by malt1977 View Post
Sounds expensive to me, I’d be expecting it so come in at about £800. To be honest though, this is based on my using a BA Amex companion voucher that got us return flights coming back PE for £450 for the pair of us.

I must add, that we live in Jersey and the flights are cheaper that if you live on the mainland...I now understand why people do boomerang flights.
You would be lucky to get economy both ways for £800 for two people.

Your payment is for tax only, it is not really comparable.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 18, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Stevelovesfl
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by malt1977 View Post

What flights did you book?
Stevelovesfl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List