Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 5 Dec 18, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
wycombedad
Proud to wear my Ears

No one can say for certain but this is the offer that's made me buy, and buy fast as there's NO guarantee the 21 day reduced prices will stay, it's not even mentioned they're on special offer.
ATD currently want £40 more a ticket, and the others have barely budged their 21 day prices. So your idea of buying the ICON tickets seperately in a sale is a good one. (Also check out VisitOrlando.com for one off tickets like that as they have relevant discounts and the US prices (it's the Orlando Tourist Bureau))
I think you'll see some UK sellers reduce a bit in future, maybe if they've bought a stock at the higher prices already, depends how they work, but for me this was enough of a discount to bite the bullet. It's £100 less for your four tickets than it was before, you get Disney customer service, you'll get the cashback, and save $100 on not having to buy magic bands. The biggest disadvantage is not being able to pay a deposit but having to pay it all up front.
If it did get lower than this, it would only be by a very small amount. This is as low as I think it'll go in my opinion.
I've just had my ticket confirmation through, 48 hours after buying, and it's linked straight to My Disney Experience so I can now book fastpasses when the deadline for that comes up, really simple.
Old 5 Dec 18, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

See it’s the magic bands putting me off at the moment. I didn’t want us to all have the same. I just wanted a plain pink one
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 18, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
wycombedad
Proud to wear my Ears

Okay. Well, you have to go into the store to pick them up. The plain ones are $10 less than these ones so I think it's more then likely you could say, 'could I have a plain one instead?'
Worst case scenario you sell the Toy Story one on ebay when you get home (just do NOT link it to your account) and pay $15 for the plain one you want.
Alternatively there are some amazing magic band sticker decals you can buy in advance, e.g.:

That you could just take with you and get something pretty unique and very pink - about £3.50 from magicyourband/index.p...d-2-skins.html
They'd just stick over the Toy Story images on your free one.
Old 5 Dec 18, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by wycombedad View Post
Okay. Well, you have to go into the store to pick them up. The plain ones are $10 less than these ones so I think it's more then likely you could say, 'could I have a plain one instead?'
Worst case scenario you sell the Toy Story one on ebay when you get home (just do NOT link it to your account) and pay $15 for the plain one you want.
Alternatively there are some amazing magic band sticker decals you can buy in advance, e.g.:

That you could just take with you and get something pretty unique and very pink - about £3.50 from magicyourband/index.p...d-2-skins.html
They'd just stick over the Toy Story images on your free one.
Good idea about the stickers.
I have called them and they have said they won’t swop to anything else. They did tell me that they are limited addition and worth a lot only and I could sell them lol.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 18, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
See it’s the magic bands putting me off at the moment. I didn’t want us to all have the same. I just wanted a plain pink one
I agree with you vampiress, we’re going to use our old ones and swerve the free ones altogether.
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 18, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
You can pick up the free MagicBands and buy different ones as well. You can link all of them to your MDE account and use whichever ones you want interchangeably. Or don't link the Toy Story ones and sell/give them to someone else instead.

They are free so it's not like you're losing anything if you don't use them.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 18, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
You can pick up the free MagicBands and buy different ones as well. You can link all of them to your MDE account and use whichever ones you want interchangeably. Or don't link the Toy Story ones and sell/give them to someone else instead.

They are free so it's not like you're losing anything if you don't use them.
Yeah but then I’m still having to pay out $67ish for ones I want. Bit annoying
Old 6 Dec 18, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Yeah but then I’m still having to pay out $67ish for ones I want. Bit annoying
Yes, but you would have had to pay out $67ish if Disney didn't have this offer on.

If it helps, ignore the fact that Disney have just added this offer and carry on as you were.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 18, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I’ve managed to get this offer just before our 60 days for Fastpasses, which is tomorrow. The Toy Story bands will be handy for the first week of our stay when we are offsite. Ideally I wouldn’t have chosen Toy Story Bands, although my husband would have😀, but it’s free and a really nice bonus.
Jaybeez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 18, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
FindingMerida
Apprentice Imagineer

FindingMerida's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Is anyone else having issues linking their tickets on My Disney Experience? I'm getting a message saying I need to call them.
May 2016 - DLP Newport Bay Club Oct 2016 - DIBB Villa, BLT
Jun 2017 - DIBB Villa, HRH, AKV
Mar 2018 - DLP Magic Circus Jun 2018 - DCL Magic 7 Day Med
Sep 2018 - DLP 36K Challenge Nov 2018 - DLP Sequoia Lodge at Christmas
Apr 2019 - DIBB Villa, AKV, BLT
Sep 2019 - DLP 36K Challenge
Oct 2019 - DCL Fantasy 7 day Western Caribbean
Sep 2020 - DLP 36K Challenge
FindingMerida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List