Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 4 Dec 18, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Trebor1
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile Optimal Time To Book Airport Hotels

Hi all just wanting advices around booking airport hotels.

We booked crowne plaza at Manchester last year in May and got one night stay with parking for about £95.

This time we are looking at staying there again but in mid October and current prices are over double what we paid last year. If I recall correctly we booked about 8 months out last time so am I too early this time? Do I need to wait until Jan Feb time?

Any thoughts/advices welcome.

Cheers
Old 4 Dec 18, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
Apprentice Imagineer

I think it's a case of keep looking, probably not much help but I booked the PI at Heathrow for £29 for Feb in September, went back to add some info the next day and it had dropped to £23. Looked today and it's £31 but has been as high as £42.

Basically the prices are all over the place and as with flight prices, there doesn't seem to be an obvious pattern so I'm afraid it's just a case of having a look both on the hotel website and maybe other booking sites and when you see a good price go for it.
pompeyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 18, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
ElsasGloves
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I’ve been trying to get a price for Birmingham airport in May 2019 since I booked this April. Prices are double what I paid last year for the same hotel and I thought they would have dropped by now.
I’ve booked a different hotel on site instead which has newly opened so had a promotional offer, but I’m surprised the amount has stayed so high in our original choice (we’re talking £187 per night when I paid £74 last year)
ElsasGloves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 18, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
I looked at PI at North terminal Gatwick a few weeks ago and it was £38, looked again earlier today and it is now £50, should have booked it when I saw it at £38.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 18, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

I got a good deal for the Radisson when they had there Black Friday deal on for May next year £130.00. When we went in November I got a really good deal for the Radisson of £110.00 for a runway view in superior room which I booked just after Easter when we got to the room we had lovely super Kingsize bed. I did keep looking as the plan was for November was I would only book the room the night before if I got a good deal. You can keep checking also I book a room I can cancel for free incase the price does come down.

Edited at 09:30 PM.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 18, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Trebor1
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by ElsasGloves View Post
I’ve been trying to get a price for Birmingham airport in May 2019 since I booked this April. Prices are double what I paid last year for the same hotel and I thought they would have dropped by now.
I’ve booked a different hotel on site instead which has newly opened so had a promotional offer, but I’m surprised the amount has stayed so high in our original choice (we’re talking £187 per night when I paid £74 last year)
I wonder what's going on. It's the same for us the prices are double on last year... how strange.

Thanks for advice all I'll keep a close eye out. We loved staying over before flying last year it got the holiday off to a great start.
Trebor1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Toffee Lady
Getting Excited

Mobile

hi I am looking at premier inn manchester for next week and the prices are coming in at £88-£115. i am reading on here that people are getting rooms for between £40-£50. are
my prices so high because I have left it late? we were not going to stay the night before originally, but I quite like the idea.
thanks
Toffee Lady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Toffee Lady View Post
hi I am looking at premier inn manchester for next week and the prices are coming in at £88-£115. i am reading on here that people are getting rooms for between £40-£50. are
my prices so high because I have left it late? we were not going to stay the night before originally, but I quite like the idea.
thanks
I’m afraid so. The general rule with PI is the earlier you book, the better the deal. As others have said, they do fluctuate a bit but your high price is due to being close to the date. I don’t know whether a really late booking (day or two before) would give a better price? I’m sure somebody has done this, but do you want to leave it that late?
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Toffee Lady
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Animagus View Post
I’m afraid so. The general rule with PI is the earlier you book, the better the deal. As others have said, they do fluctuate a bit but your high price is due to being close to the date. I don’t know whether a really late booking (day or two before) would give a better price? I’m sure somebody has done this, but do you want to leave it that late?
I thought thst may be the case. don't know if I want to pay that much for a night, we are only 40mins drive away. may end up driving on morning and spend the money in the duty free😁
fingers crossed for s smooth journey.
thanks
Toffee Lady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Toffee Lady View Post
I thought thst may be the case. don't know if I want to pay that much for a night, we are only 40mins drive away. may end up driving on morning and spend the money in the duty free😁
fingers crossed for s smooth journey.
thanks
That sounds like a good plan 😄. As you are close by, it still might be worth checking the day before, just in case they still have rooms they want to shift.😄
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List