Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 5 Dec 18, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

The parking at the outlet model will probably not last long when the economic downturn arrives.
Old 5 Dec 18, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
The parking at the outlet model will probably not last long when the economic downturn arrives.
Do you think the US is heading for one?

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 18, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

While the OPs idea would be of great benefit to those staying offsite and parking onsite its not something Disney are going to do. Disney have too many people in their parks - they want to discourage people from going by putting the general cost of things up - considerably. That decreases attendance but maintains income.

With onsite hotel bookings slightly down on predicted levels there is absolutely no way they are going to do anything to encourage folks to stay offsite. Hence the parking charges are only going one way.

If you think prices are bad now just wait until the modest Hollywood Studios expansion opens at the end of next year. I'm predicting a $500 early morning magic event which gets you on two rides and esclusive entry into a magical breakfast cupcake event at the ABC commissary.

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 18, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Do you think the US is heading for one?
Bound to be eventually. I saw this statistic the other day which indicates it’s coming in 2020. There’s a lot of articles on it. First thing Disney will do is lay off a ton of staff. Then be forced to cut hotel prices, then deals on food and special packages. I’ve found with Americans when they have money in their pockets price is no object, unlike here where people always look for deals. The prices they charge for holiday things and family entertainment would never be charged here. But prices in the past seem to fluctuate a lot more depending on economy.
I think Disney can still do well with Star Wars and the 50th, then I could see the parks starting to struggle if the economy isn’t good.

Edited at 10:04 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 18, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Predictions of economic downturns are rarely, if ever, correct. Yes, they will happen - economies are cyclic by nature, but predicting when they will occur seems to defeat every "expert".

Of course, if you predict a downturn every year then you will eventually be correct.

Edit: Oh, and talking about paying to park at a mall - not going to happen for me. It just gives me another reason not to waste a day of my holiday shopping!
Old 5 Dec 18, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Regarding parking on BOTH the premium and vineland outlets.

The Vineland outlet.
Multi story is pay to park.
Ground parking has preferred parking, valet and also a text based parking system where its $3 for 2 hours etc.
It also has SHEDLOADS of free spaces.

The premium outlets
Ground parking has preferred, valet and also a text based system as about.
It also has a bucketload of FREE spaces.

Recently been at its busiest time and still managed to get free spaces within 10 minutes of arrival.

Its not an issue.
Old 5 Dec 18, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Mobile

Sorry to jump on your thread OP.
I’m staying at OKW on rented DVC points next Summer.
Will I get free parking at the resort?
Thanks.
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 18, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by 99plums View Post
Sorry to jump on your thread OP.
I’m staying at OKW on rented DVC points next Summer.
Will I get free parking at the resort?
Thanks.
Hi. Yes you will get free use of the Magical Express if you want it and also free parking.

The only perks you can't get are:-

Annual pass discounts, park entry discounts, merchandise discounts, or restaurant discounts.

Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 18, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Hi. Yes you will get free use of the Magical Express if you want it and also free parking.

The only perks you can't get are:-

Annual pass discounts, park entry discounts, merchandise discounts, or restaurant discounts.
Thanks Tom,
We’re in a villa for the first week but want to keep the car whilst onsite for flexibility.
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 18, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by 99plums View Post
Thanks Tom,
We’re in a villa for the first week but want to keep the car whilst onsite for flexibility.
If you haven't done OKW before you will love it. Should be fully refurbished by the time you arrive.
My Cousin bought into there the year it opened and still goes most years even though he is in his late 70's now.