Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 5 Dec 18, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Allan
Excited about Disney

TV doesn't do the tattoo justice it is so much better live. There are B&Bs out near the Commonwealth Swimming Pool that we have used before for swimming competitions which are fine.
Allan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 18, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
wendy7654
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pumpkin Pie View Post
I replied to your PM but I am not sure it worked. Could you let me know if it hasn’t and I will try again.
Got it thanks.

Windwood Bay 2008/2009
DIBB Villa - Sandy Ridge 2010
Sandy Ridge Villa-2013
DIBB Villa - Westhaven July 2018

Hotel Elysee Val De Europe May 2015
Seqouia Lodge DLP Xmas/New Year 2015
Seqouia Lodge GF Xmas/New Year 2016
Sequoia Lodge GF Xmas/New Year 2017
Sequoia lodge May 2019- August 2022- Hopefully
wendy7654 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 18, 02:42 AM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
If you can try and stay at least 2 nights as the fringe is on then. Edinburgh is buzzing then. You’ll need to book a hotel sooner rather than later. We prefer to stay in the centre. Have stayed at premier inn, Brooke’s hotel both ok prices. The atmosphere is great and there are lots of shows/acts, some paid some free. We’re going again next summer but staying a couple of miles out of the centre and not on the tram route. Someone else in our party booked it or I would have stayed closer. You’ll not get a taxi it’s that busy.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
It's a fantastic show personally gives me goose bumps. The last time we stayed we booked a hotel on the tram link to the airport, hotels in the centre are stupidy expensive especially if you book around the same time as the fringe. You will not regret it if you go.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Originally Posted by disney_l81 View Post
We've been and took my parents, thoroughly enjoyed it. Make sure you wrap up if going to the later performance. We stayed one night in Edinburgh, in the city, prices were stupid but we wanted to stay at the same hotel we had when we first got together, the next night at the ibis budget at Edinburgh park, right next to the trams and across the road from morissons for breakfast the next day.
That's where we stayed it was spot on and of course used Morrisons for 'supplies'
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 18, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Redman
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by wendy7654 View Post
Hi, just wonder if anyone has been to this event? Saw it on TV this year and really fancy going next year.

Looking at prices we may have to go for standard seats and will do a couple of nights in a hotel and try see some of Edinburgh.

Just looking to see if anyone has been and there thoughts on it.
Thanks
We live in Ayrshire on the opposite coast, go every year to the Tattoo, it really is brilliant, accommodation wise look at the Premier Inns, quite a few along the tram route if you're staying on the outskirts of the City, tickets went on sale 3rd Dec this year, get in quick if you haven't already, if you fancied driving to Edinburgh and staying in the City Centre there's free parking at the Park and Rides and as far as I'm aware they are all covered by CCTV, we've left the car for a few nights with no issues, absolutely love Edinburgh
Redman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List