Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Dec 18, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Louiseanne
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Recommendation - who to book flights with

I still don’t have flights for August. There are some good prices but only through other agents (gotogate, opodo, Expedia, travelup ... etc). I’ve only booked direct with the airline in the past so Can anyone recommend any agents? And similarly who to avoid! Thanks
Louiseanne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 18, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Robblps
Very Serious Dibber

Tripadvisor is decent too
Robblps is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 18, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
barry206
Serious Dibber

Sorry can't help with other agents. We've always booked with airlines direct. Usually the best deals. Good luck anyway
barry206 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 18, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Tiggers Pal
slightly serious Dibber

We usually book direct with the airline as it’s easier to deal with them direct if there are any schedule changes or you need to change anything else. We did book with Netflights last year though as it was such a good price. I had previously used Netflights for hotels and had no issues so was happy to book flights with them. Just make sure if you are booing via a third party that luggage is included in the price.
Tiggers Pal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 18, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
coinneach
Imagineer

We've used Expedia and Netflights for flights, hotels and car hire without issue.
coinneach is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 18, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
We've always booked direct with airlines but our last three trips we have used netflights and it's all been hassle free, I think problems only arrise if you need to cancel your booking and refunds so check you are ok with the T and Cs
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 18, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I always book direct with airline as I find it's a lot easier to make changes if booked direct. I've changed a fair number of my flights in the past (including a couple under United's travel waivers) and it's also easier to deal with asking for alternative flights in case of schedule changes.
Old 8 Dec 18, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I usually research with all of them, but particularly Google initially as it seems to have the most 'tools', particularly if you can be flexible on dates, departure points, arrival points etc.

Having found what I want, I then try to buy direct from the selected airline as it either works out cheaper, or in any case possibly takes out any middleman/agent from the equation.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 18, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Try Travel Planners they booked our group in the summer and we flew United. Was a lot cheaper than I could find on internet. They offered us Virgin flights too but we wanted LHR departure rather than Manchester.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 18, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
WB72
Imagineer

We booked with Expedia last time and it was a pain. Virgin cancelled our flight so I rang them to change to a better flight, they were great. Unfortunately Expedia would not use this flight and wanted us to detour via JFK with a long layover. Took a whole weekend to sort. Expedia weren't even cheaper, it was just that Virgin wanted to charge an extortionate fee to pay by cc. I would always book direct unless the saving was several hundred pounds.
WB72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List