Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Dec 18, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
ariel18
I want to go now!

We travelled 9th-23rd November... had almost a 2 hour wait in immigration... but no we did not have to fill in forms on the plane. It seemed to be sorted out when we checked in at Manchester, they asked for the address of where we were staying.
ariel18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 18, 03:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

They want you to go through in households . The forms have been discontinued.

To also add balance, we went through MCO on the 26th November and it was 15 minutes and we were through immigration - we were also the last off our flight.

The only issue we had was a slight delay because of the rain stopping them from getting the bags off the plane.

We also had friends fly in on the 16th and 23rd and they were through in half an hour both times.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪

Edited at 03:15 AM.
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 18, 03:55 AM  
Link to this Post
muffinmclean
Apprentice Imagineer

We had to fill the forms out on our BA flight, and it was per family at each address, so mum and MIL had to fill their own out since don’t live with us. When I asked the immigration lady did she want the form, she said no they aren’t needed and the airlines only get you to fill it out to give them something to do
Old 11 Dec 18, 02:59 AM  
Link to this Post
cat
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Quick update of our experience on Saturday. We were off the plane pretty quickly went up as one group (no forms needed) and through immigration in about 15 mins.
cat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 18, 04:40 AM  
Link to this Post
pdcdad
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Can I ask what you do if you live together but obviously different names one form or two
pdcdad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 18, 05:47 AM  
Link to this Post
cat
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by pdcdad View Post
Can I ask what you do if you live together but obviously different names one form or two
There are no forms needed anymore, virgin didn’t give them out and we were not asked for them.
cat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 18, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pdcdad View Post
We've been living together for years and years, and have done one form for years. In the past we've filled in 2 forms and the officer has consolidated it down to one form.

In 2009 we took our Daughter and our respective nephews (12 & 14). Our Daughter has my surname. My sisters son, has his dads name, and (not) Mrs Thorpys sisters son has his fathers surname.
The 2 lads each lived their parents homes at the time. It was 5 people 4 surnames, 3 addresses, and I'm sure we filled in just the one form. We certainly went to the desk as one group.

If you are all but married in your lifestyle, then presume to act like you are married. If they tell you to do something else, simply follow instructions. If someone asks you to do something pointless and it's annoying because you're tired and fed up, keep calm and remember that you will soon be on holiday, and they have a shift to finish !
Old 11 Dec 18, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Big Jim View Post
Go separately and make sure DD completes her own form on the plane (even though it may be same address) We put DS on ours when he was 23 (as it said household) and he had to complete his own before being allowed through. The immigration officer was really nice about it, joking that if he "got up to something he wouldn't want mum to find out about..." etc but it just held us up more.
OK I'm 38 and I still go as a group with my parents when we travel together. We were told that as long as you have the same surname then you can go together at any age and have never been stopped.
Old 11 Dec 18, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

My adult son came through with us as a family group in July. It never occurred to me he should not and he has a separate Uni address (as far as I’m concerned he still lives at home he’s here all the bloody time)! As for MCO. We’ve been through and out in 30 minutes and hanging about for well over 2.5 hours. As I always advise. Find your zen. It is what it is. But it certainly isn’t always bad.
Old 29 Dec 18, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Jim
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
OK I'm 38 and I still go as a group with my parents when we travel together. We were told that as long as you have the same surname then you can go together at any age and have never been stopped.
Maybe he thought we looked a bit dodgy then
Big Jim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List