Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 11 Dec 18, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by filharmonic View Post
Somebody posted about getting an uber to Disney Springs and then using Disney transport and in my experience that can take a while it's the same if Park hopping
Ah I see - that was me, we didn’t do early morning in the parks, so visited Disney Springs and then went to resorts or parks- so to clarify, from the OP accommodation you can take uber to the gates of every park (TTC for magic kingdom so the contemporary hotel is the best drop off and then it’s an easy walk to the park entrance).
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 18, 01:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
Ah I see - that was me, we didn’t do early morning in the parks, so visited Disney Springs and then went to resorts or parks- so to clarify, from the OP accommodation you can take uber to the gates of every park (TTC for magic kingdom so the contemporary hotel is the best drop off and then it’s an easy walk to the park entrance).
Can you go direct to a park on disney transport from Disney springs?
Old 12 Dec 18, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Powlay View Post
Can you go direct to a park on disney transport from Disney springs?
No, when we did Disney Springs in the morning we then took a resort boat to port Orleans or old key west, which was a fabulous way of seeing the other onsite resorts.
On the days when we were heading straight for a Disney park we just took an Uber straight to the gates of that park 😊
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 18, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
No, when we did Disney Springs in the morning we then took a resort boat to port Orleans or old key west, which was a fabulous way of seeing the other onsite resorts.
On the days when we were heading straight for a Disney park we just took an Uber straight to the gates of that park 😊
Yeah i knew that just wondered why you'd mentioned buses etc then visiting disney springs then resorts or parks when you cant go from Disney springs to the parks.
Old 15 Dec 18, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

I stayed at grande villas in September and used uber.no problems at all, quick and easy and it is door to door (almost)
They drop you off at the ride share so very little walking to the entrance so that saves time. AK is more expensive as further away but still reasonable. It isn't worth getting a bus to or from Disney's springs just to save a little money vs the time it can take unless you finish the day there.

There are a few places to eat near GV, I'm staying at blue tree next month, and plane to try a few more of them. There is also a Winn Dixie that is walkable for any essentials and a Walgreens that is open 24 hours.

I have started a trip report and included prices for uber, however it was just me and I did do universal and Disney in the same day (madness)

Also think about whether you will want a rest early afternoon and return to a park later as this could be more expensive. So perhaps have your itinerary and work out the figures.
Old 16 Dec 18, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Hi,

I will always say car as that what we prefer, (its not an holiday for me in the states with no car during public transport! ) ((just returned from Vegas other week and had a car there too ! ) but you stay your children are 4 and 6. (ours are 9 and 6 now) and went at the same ages as yours...

I would suggest you don't under estimate how the children will be tiredness wise, even the other month, we would head to park for rope drop, stay until 12/1pm, jump in the car back to the Villa, afternoon swim and relax and then 5pm jump in the car and back to the parks for the evening.

The flexibility of having a car with children is worth its weight in gold in my opinion, even a simple trip to Walmart, (yes there maybe a Walgreens across from where you are staying, but prices are high compared to Walmart and options limited in some cases.) plus theres so many better places to eat than them chain restaurants.

If its your first time, get a car, even if its just a mid size car to give you the option..
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 18, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mouli1
Imagineer

mouli1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

We walked from blue tree to black Angus and it was really warm in the evening and we got quite hot and bothered and that was in November

[R]
mouli1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 18, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

There is a fare estimator on Uber website. I looked into getting Uber as we are staying offsite on I drive but for us it didn’t make sense as it was about $28 each way but then it didn’t say how many car seats and id need too as mine are 3&4.
Plus I am assuming we would do as others have said and go to one park in the morning come back to hotel at 1/2ish then head back out probably to a different park for fireworks. I can’t see mine staying up all that time. My 3yr old fell asleep on me today at 4.30 and she hasn’t even done much today so they will never manage 14/15hours up

Just really hope we learn to drive over there as that’s what I am panicking about
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List