Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 9 Dec 18, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Mymemories
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I've noticed these particular ones are being sold as rare UK guest exclusive on eBay at £30+ a time- great stuff if I could get back £120 on these. I don't need them as we will get two lots anyway on our next trip.
We also don’t need them as we are doing an on-site split stay so between the 5 of us we’ll getting 10 MBs excluding these Toy Story ones

£30+ sounds like a very good price although if lots of people go for this deal the market maybe flooded by the end of next year !
Old 10 Dec 18, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Mymemories View Post
TBH I don’t really care if they don’t have the Toy Story MB available as I assume they will give us an alternative if they’ve run out.
They can print MagicBands with various designs on demand whilst you wait, so I doubt they will run out of these. If they do start to run a bit low on them, they can just print a few more.

Anyway, I assume they are offering them again next year because they have lots left over from earlier this year.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 18, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 142
We booked in April with the free dining for June next year, will we be able to get the free Toy Story bands? Also wondering if they will bring out Star Wars ones ready for when SW land opens
Ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 18, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
We booked in April with the free dining for June next year, will we be able to get the free Toy Story bands? Also wondering if they will bring out Star Wars ones ready for when SW land opens
No, as the free Toy Story magic bands offer wasn't on during free dining, so it will just be the standard solid colour ones.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 18, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Rach86
Very Serious Dibber

If I book a Disney hotel with the tickets direct through disney , does that mean I get the magic bands too? Or is it just tickets?
Old 14 Dec 18, 04:23 AM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rach86 View Post
If I book a Disney hotel with the tickets direct through disney , does that mean I get the magic bands too? Or is it just tickets?
You get the magic bands when you check in.
Old 14 Dec 18, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Rach86
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by lyn1 View Post
You get the magic bands when you check in.
Sorry yes I know that I mean will they be the toy story ones if I book hotel and tickets. Or does it have to be just the tickets?
Old 14 Dec 18, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Sorry yes I know that I mean will they be the toy story ones if I book hotel and tickets. Or does it have to be just the tickets?
If you book the hotel and tickets while the offer is on, then you'll get the Toy Story bands. I believe you'll also get the normal magic bands with your room when you check in and have to go and pick the Toy Story ones up like people who have booked just tickets.

Edit: unfortunately bit looks like you will only get the standard ones with a hotel and ticket package. If you book the hotel, then the tickets separately, you'll get the Toy Story ones.

Edited at 08:39 PM. Reason: typo
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 18, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

I just spoke to Disney and they said that if you book the hotel and tickets as a package you will only get the free nights offer that is on at the moment. They said that if you wanted the free Toy Story Land magic bands then you could book the hotel and tickets separately, but you would have to pay the full amount for the tickets at the time of booking, whereas if you book the package you can pay a deposit.

I would double check the info that the CM gave me though [they have given me false info before] as it's possible that the info that loves2plan gave you is correct

Edited at 08:34 PM.
lyn1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 18, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by lyn1 View Post
I just spoke to Disney and they said that if you book the hotel and tickets as a package you will only get the free nights offer that is on at the moment. They said that if you wanted the free Toy Story Land magic bands then you could book the hotel and tickets separately, but you would have to pay the full amount for the tickets at the time of booking, whereas if you book the package you can pay a deposit.

I would double check the info that the CM gave me though [they have given me false info before] as it's possible that the info that loves2plan gave you is correct
Actually, you may be right. I've just looked at the offers on the website and it does say that you get the free Toy Story magic magical for every stand alone ticket booking, so booking the hotel and ticket package would be just the standard bands.