Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 10 Dec 18, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Showa321
Helping Mickey

HRH vs Royal Pacific

Royal Pacific is coming up as a much better deal when it comes to price.

Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of them both?
I have stayed at HRH before and loved it and would really like to stay again but the difference is around 2k.

Still get the express passes. Is there much difference between the two?

Cheers
Showa321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 18, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

I've never stayed at HRH but believe it is between RPR and PBR, both of which I have stayed in. To me the biggest difference was room size. IMHO room size at RPR is the smallest. I think in square feet comparable to WL and AKL at WDW.

I thought customer service at both was excellent and I find HPR very pretty. I have not stayed at HRH because the I don't like the theming.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 18, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Showa321 View Post
Royal Pacific is coming up as a much better deal when it comes to price.

Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of them both?
I have stayed at HRH before and loved it and would really like to stay again but the difference is around 2k.

Still get the express passes. Is there much difference between the two?

Cheers
love them both, have stayed at both. They both have pros and cons

HRH - found it a bit more "buzzing", theming is great, lots of families with teens. Pool view room can be noisy til after 11 whenever the movie ends. Loved the short walk down the path to the parks. Did not like the pool - too shallow to swim properly, and the sandy bottom put me off. Not much parking - especially if you turn up early so had to valet park.

RPR - more relaxed atmosphere - pool was much nicer, hotel quieter, theming was ok, not my kind of thing, but hey-ho, rooms a tiny bit smaller, but spent so little time there it did not matter. Still plenty of families. Further away from the parks, water taxi took the strain, but would have been nice to be a bit closer - walked once, but it took a while on a hot day. More parking as it is also a conference centre - that may be why it does not feel the same "buzz".

Did not eat at either.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 18, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

We have stayed at all 3 universal hotels next to the parks (just for the front line passes). I prefer HRH especially as it's the closest to the universal studios entrance (a few minutes walk), but my son prefers RPR so we will likely book that for next September. Wasn't at all impressed with the breakfast at RPR though as it was overpriced and not very good quality, but the kitchen restaurant at the HRH was much nicer.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 18, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
neatfrk
Imagineer

Just got back from RPR three weeks ago. Can't fault it for anything. Spotless room. Lovely pool. Friendly staff.

Aside from floating in their pool one day, and coming home to snow the next...can't find anything to complain about.

Walking path to CityWalk is scenic along the water. Only takes ~10 minutes. Boats are available too.

Restaurant poolside is quite nice (order the huge nachos) and not that unreasonably priced.

Ask for a room in tower 1 (closest to the walking path exit).
neatfrk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 18, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Stayed at both and to be honest I'd go with the cheapest option as both are great. As a family we prefered the pool at RPR and it definitely is a more relaxed place.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 18, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyPete
Very Serious Dibber

We have stayed at all the 'FOLP' Universal hotels and in all honesty we prefer RPR as it is the best value pound for pound. It is an excellent hotel, the walk to Universal is not long (IOA is even closer) and we all agreed we would stay there next time if the price was favourable.
DisneyPete is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 18, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

We have stayed at both. I prefer the Royal Pacific for its more laid back and relaxed atmosphere. The fact that it costs less is a further bonus. My wife prefers the Hardrock.

In truth, either is a great option.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 18, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

Royal Pacific for us- much preferred the more relaxed vibe, pool and rooms were nicer and the Polynesian theming is more aesthetically pleasing to my eye. However, we’re not die hard rockers so we didn’t really buy into the theming at HRH! Each to their own though
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 18, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Love them both, HRH is by far my favourite but I wouldn't pay that much more to stay there over RPR.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List