Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Dec 18, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Yes definitely... on our last trip it was the first real time we had experienced jet lag in the way there... it took my about 3-4 days to get into a swing (although it could have been I was overworked and tired and ready for my holiday too!)
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 18, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Our tiredness kicks in on day 3, before that we’re generally ok with later nights...we the have a couple of earlier ones and after that we’re good for late nights the rest of the holiday. We tend to suffer more with jet lag on the way home, took me a good week if not more on the way home this year, don’t even get me started on the New York jet lag after a few days, totally ruined me! One thing though, my kids (now aged 10 & 12 but we’re 8 & 10 on our first trip) never seem to struggle with jet lag at the start or the end of the trip, it’s just us oldies lol

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 18, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
It depends, are you up early to travel to gatwick? If your up 4am then yeah your gonna be shattered. If not then its going to be different.
Old 15 Dec 18, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
kaip
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Garlicbread View Post
Hi there,

1st time travelling to Florida with 2 adults and 2 kids (13 and 10). Quick question as im not sure on when we are likely to drop with tiredness! We land on 14:20 on 4/4/19 from Gatwick and there is a basketball game at Orlando Magic which starts at 19:00 on 5/4/19 which I was considering getting tickets for.

But…..realistically, on our first full day (5th April) is that expecting too much given we would have spent most of it in a theme park all day.

Thanks
We did it a few years back no problem but it was just me and the wife, not sure how yer kids would cope tho. If yer unsure just buy four cheap tickets and if it doesn't go to plan then you ain't gonna lose much money

Uber was about 15 bucks each way
Old 15 Dec 18, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Mo&Chris
VIP Dibber

What's your priority for the first day, park or game?

If going to the game is that important to you - skip the park and have a lazy day, go to the game in the evening.

I'm not interested in basketball, but if a band I wanted to see had a concert my first night there, I'd be doing my damnedest to go!

/Mo
Mo&Chris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 18, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

If you aren’t driving to the match then I’d say go. I drive over there but wouldn’t attempt a journey like that on the first evening due to the dangers from tiredness.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

I find the first three nights a struggle, makes me feel ill, then I seem to then a corner. Everyone is different though but I wouldn’t want to plan anything in we couldn’t canx.
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
I find the first three nights a struggle, makes me feel ill, then I seem to then a corner. Everyone is different though but I wouldn’t want to plan anything in we couldn’t canx.
Do you ever tried going to be early on arrival, or are you a stay up and get on US time?person ?