Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Dec 18, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Another vote for turning it through 90 degrees with a space between the unit and the small wall so the handle did not bang into the wall and into which you might fit either a slim radiator or a towel rail. Depends on how much floor space between the other side of the basin unit and anything else.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 18, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
barryp1
Imagineer

It's too big and the door handle opening on to the tiles is all wrong.

I'd remove it and start again with a basin designed for the space.
barryp1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 18, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
vhm672
Imagineer

vhm672's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I agree that it is too big for the space but would look better centered.

Really poor show them losing your dimensions, hope this isn't Bathstore as I had the same problems earlier this year - they lost all the dimensions and tried to fit a shower that was taller than the actual room!
vhm672 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 18, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I think if you move it central then you are making a small gap by the side which will just trap dust and dirt. The door hitting the wall would really annoy me though. But as it’s quite large, I think it would look wrong and take up a lot of space against the other wall, and you could find the right hand door would bump into the wall when opened too.

Maybe turning it to a 90 degree angle would be a good idea as doors would open easily then, with possibly a mirrored wall cupboard angled above it or shelving. I think the tiling looks beautiful. I think that if you aren’t happy with it, it doesn’t matter whether we do or not, you need to have it how you want it so definitely get them to move it for you
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 18, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
The rule of thumb we used to have to adhere to with cloakrooms was straightforward.

No matter if you entered 'straight on' or 'turned' into the room the first part you walked into had to be the entire width of the cloakroom.
Only when making progress into the room did it 'narrow' due to the sink and once past that you then had the full width again before the loo in front of you.

That system always worked. Deviate from that and it can become cluttered.

I would turn the sink unit to be on the other wall but tight to the 2 walls - no gap.

Hope the mastic already there which will have to come off hasn't stained the tiles.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 18, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Sorry that would bug me stupid our shower room we’ve a small gap between the basin unit and the wall so theunit door can open a damp cloth on a wire coat hanger wipes down the tiles and floor so not an issue for me
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 18, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinchy
Imagineer

As you're pushed for space I would have had a corner unit in the same place. Nice colour/tiles though.
Pinchy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 18, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Thanks all, he's detached it from the wall so we could see if we could live with it the other way round but I think it's just far too big for the room so we've ordered a cloakroom wall hung unit - it's the same just with one door and almost half the depth!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 18, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

My only concern is whether the door on the left opens full with that handle on it.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 18, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
Thanks all, he's detached it from the wall so we could see if we could live with it the other way round but I think it's just far too big for the room so we've ordered a cloakroom wall hung unit - it's the same just with one door and almost half the depth!
Good plan. As you didn’t like the other one, you would never have been happy.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List