Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Dec 18, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Posiesmum View Post
No help on the op’s original question, but as a Scots ex pat I loved the phrase ‘well kent’ !
I didn't understand that bit!

I am surprised that didn't ask OP if she would mind out of politeness though.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 18, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

My take on this is that they are trying to bolster their case to prove that it wasn't an unfair dismissal if I am honest. You have problems and they put someone into your job which 'didn't have any funding'. It seems under hand in a nicey nicey way.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 18, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyStacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
My take on this is that they are trying to bolster their case to prove that it wasn't an unfair dismissal if I am honest.
This was my take on it too.
x
DisneyStacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 18, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

This comment is clearly without knowing the plotted history but:

Provided that funding was not signed at the point the OP handed in their notice then their is no legal issue at all. They did not invoke redundancy as far I can see, the OP decided to resign.

It is not uncommon for funding of a project to expire and not get renewed or new funding found until after that expiry. The organisation has to take a risk assessment on whether they want to retain someone during that gap period. Sounds like they informed the OP of that potential risk. Provided that funding was not found in the time between informing the OP of the position and notice being tendered then there is nothing wrong there. If it did, then they should have informed the OP. If it came between the OP resigning and leaving then the organisation is within its rights not to say anything and employee someone else to do the role. Alternatively they could have asked the OP to re-consider based on the new funding, but that was entirely their decision and they would not be obliged to.

The article is a little suspect on its timing and they may well have done it under some advisement from legal to try to create a perception. It could also have been genuine to build a bridge towards working together again in the future, or just advertising to raise their profile to gain further funding for projects.

Hard to say without knowing the motives behind the article.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 18, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

Mobile

Johnson Press by any chance?
Old 13 Dec 18, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 2littleboys View Post

This is the article here... bizarre to wait so long after I’ve left but it does wish me well.

They never showed appreciation whilst I was still there though and the worst of it is it states I handed in my notice but misses out the fact I was told by the management there was no more funding for my role so I decided to leave to focus on my business then within a week the managers friend was in my job!
maybe the story had been parked till a slow news day?

article seems quite fair and isnt bad press. personally i'd let it go & crack on with your new business.. all publicity and that
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 18, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsB87
Imagineer

I work in PR and this is something we would never do. Also, did you consent to them using your photo as under GDPR they shouldn’t use it without consent. I would make a complaint to the compan you used to work. I also always get the person my press releases are about to read it and let me know if they are happy with it. And won’t submt a photo to the paper without a signed consent form for the particular story.

Edited at 03:40 PM.
MrsB87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 18, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsB87
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
Johnson Press by any chance?
They’ve recently gone into administration so other publishers have taken over.
MrsB87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 18, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

I think it’s like they have used you for their own publicity to get the charity in the newspaper.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 18, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

I wouldn't like that, esp when I had not been informed. Where did they get the photo from?