Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Apr 19, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

I honestly can’t see how the lack of IFE is causing so much refunds and changing flights, paying more etc. I’d rather spend the money on my holiday than sitting in another carriers metal tube with IFE than another metal tube without IFE.
There’s always the option of taking your own tablet or smartphone with some films of your choice on it, or even partake in a long lost art, pick up a nice book to read!

Each to their own of course.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 19, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
swintonowl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
I honestly can’t see how the lack of IFE is causing so much refunds and changing flights, paying more etc. I’d rather spend the money on my holiday than sitting in another carriers metal tube with IFE than another metal tube without IFE.
There’s always the option of taking your own tablet or smartphone with some films of your choice on it, or even partake in a long lost art, pick up a nice book to read!

Each to their own of course.
My decision to move flights was not based on IFE alone. If you read online reviews of any of the airlines that Norwegian are contracting to you will see that they are overall not positive (to put it mildly). Lack of IFE, poor legroom, poor service and malfunctioning seats feature highly in the list of issues I have seen.

Also as others have posted, since Hi-Fly and Privilege only have 1 plane of the type flying the route, should a plane go tech there will not be an immediate back-up plan and this risks further disruption.

As you say, each to their own but these are my reasons for moving. I do 2-3 transatlantic holidays per year and usually fly BA. Last year was the first time I travelled with Norwegian and was really impressed by the service so would not hesitate to fly with them again. The point is that Hi-Fly is not flying with them and there is no way I would have ever dreamed of flying with such a carrier in the first place.
swintonowl is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 19, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Siddex
Very Serious Dibber

Siddex's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I cancelled my Augusts with them into and out of Miami, the return route changed to Priviledge as well.

I managed to get indirect flights with Delta using Tampa instead for less money - so was happy with that.

If Norwegian get these issues sorted, I would gladly fly with them again.
Siddex is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 19, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

More bad news for Norwegian Air. Credit Card companies are now holding back payments as they believe that they are a credit risk and may soon have to payout to customers when they go under. The last airline this happened to was Flybe and a few weeks later they announcement their troubles and found a buyer. Flybe though had more to offer a buyer for the debt they had (mostly Heathrow slots). Norwegians debt is just to large for someone to want to buy (over 7 billion) and has reported losses of 170m in the first 3 months of 2019.
Anyone not worried, then go take a look at the share prices for Norwegian for the last 5 years.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL

Edited at 12:28 PM.
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 19, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
More bad news for Norwegian Air. Credit Card companies are now holding back payments as they believe that they are a credit risk and may soon have to payout to customers when they go under. The last airline this happened to was Flybe and a few weeks later they announcement their troubles and found a buyer. Flybe though had more to offer a buyer for the debt they had (mostly Heathrow slots). Norwegians debt is just to large for someone to want to buy (over 7 billion) and has reported losses of 170m in the first 3 months of 2019.
Anyone not worried, then go take a look at the share prices for Norwegian for the last 5 years.
How do you know the cc companies are holding back payments?
Old 29 Apr 19, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

check out BA's shares and their "progress" over the past five years ...

Edited at 01:28 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 19, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Bats View Post
How do you know the cc companies are holding back payments?
Google is your friend
Old 30 Apr 19, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
temo_gemo
Excited about Disney

Just discovered this myself - I've contacted my travel agent to see what can be done

September 2009, October 2011, October 2012,
January 2015, September 2016
August 2019
temo_gemo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Quick google search and I can't find anything newer than Feb this year regarding their performance.

Where did you find this information as it's important. Can you provide a link?
Old 30 Apr 19, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Robblps
Very Serious Dibber

In the last hour, i cancelled and booked with Thomas Cook. To the other people who cancelled, did you receive any email then confirming it ?
Robblps is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List