Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 23 Jul 19, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
Where is everyone getting the 4am time from? Is that based on Disney transport alone or further info?

I only ask as I’d be gobsmacked if the queueing started as late as that for this - unless Disney have somehow banned people arriving any earlier, I would fully expect the queues to start as soon as the parks close the night before?
Disney close the parking lots overnight. I believe they only reopen the parking lot around 2 hours before the park is due to open (either for EMH, special events, etc). Although DisneyParkMomsPanel says 1 hour beforehand (see here).

I suppose it's possible for onsite guests to start camping out the night before, but offsite guests arriving by car apparently won't get in before 4am.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Disney close the parking lots overnight. I believe they only reopen the parking lot around 2 hours before the park is due to open (either for EMH, special events, etc). Although DisneyParkMomsPanel says 1 hour beforehand (see here).

I suppose it's possible for onsite guests to start camping out the night before, but offsite guests arriving by car apparently won't get in before 4am.
What happens if someone doesn’t collect their car? Do they remove them?

Otherwise I wonder if people will arrive on Disney transport the night before and just camp out? Depends if Disney will move people on I guess?
amy56 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Siddex
Very Serious Dibber

Siddex's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Where is everyone getting the 4am time from? Is that based on Disney transport alone or further info?

I only ask as I’d be gobsmacked if the queueing started as late as that for this - unless Disney have somehow banned people arriving any earlier, I would fully expect the queues to start as soon as the parks close the night before?

Having said that, I don’t have a clue (we aren’t visiting this year so I haven’t been watching coverage), but I would expect Disney to announce something soon to ensure the Harry Potter midnight type queuing from 2010 doesn’t happen in WDW, surely?
I guessed at around 4am allowing for a couple of hours before scheduled opening. Until Disney publish some details, we are all estimating a little.

I read another post stating a 5 hour wait time to get into the land! I am not waiting for that! I will leave my son there to 'enjoy' the land and sample the rest of the park!

I guess until the day none of us are going to know what the wait times and queues are like.

I will try and post on that day to keep you all updated.
Siddex is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Siddex View Post
I read another post stating a 5 hour wait time to get into the land! I am not waiting for that! I will leave my son there to 'enjoy' the land and sample the rest of the park!.
If its like Pandora over in AK then yes there is likely to be an extensive wait for the land itself and then additionally for the ride and shops/bar etc. Pandora on opening day went up to 7 hours from what I've read. I feel GE will be worse but you just never know. The fact only 1 ride is open could sway crowds to be less but Star Wars weekends were packed in WDW and most of those crowds were locals so I would assume there are a large amount of die hard fans who will want to go there opening day. I guess we will know for sure in just over a month! Not sure if I'm excited or terrified to know how bad it is
Old 23 Jul 19, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
What happens if someone doesn’t collect their car? Do they remove them?
Apparently so. Or, at least, that's what I've read on another forum. I have no idea whether this is true or not though.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 02:35 AM  
Link to this Post
kempydee
Being a bit Goofy

kempydee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

We wanted to brave it on opening day - but think we’ll wait until our last day and try on 2nd Sept.
Good Luck to all the 4am-er’s!
kempydee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 02:40 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

We won't be in Florida again til September but when I read the thread title my thought was "when hell freezes over" but good luck and I hope you have fun !
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 02:40 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Apparently so. Or, at least, that's what I've read on another forum. I have no idea whether this is true or not though.
Yes they tow them
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 05:50 AM  
Link to this Post

I won’t be there on opening day, but if we were I would stay well away, I am not interested in queuing and it isn’t going anywhere. We are there two weeks afterwards, if it is still a case of queuing to get in then we will leave it until another time, if EEMH means onsite guests can get in without too much hassle then we will do that, but again not too bothered if we miss it this trip.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 07:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldcoast
Excited about Disney

Mobile

There was no way we were going on opening day but with EEMH for onsite guest I'm starting to think it may just be crazy instead of insane. Wishful thinking or a reasonable possibility?
Goldcoast is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List