Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 7 Jun 20, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Dusty bin, now there's a blast from the past. I remember the clue round and the clip I most remember is the woman trying to guess the composer and she even said Handel's water music and then when Ted prompted her she went for Mozart we were all experts at the 3-2-1 fingers at the time. I'm not surprised the boys were keen to disown you as soon as the monorail appeared

How great that Michelle said hello. Lovely to meet up with her and her family at such a brilliant show that is a must do every trip for us anyway.

It feels like it's bittersweet for you writing up each day. I love the old photos of years gone by. Writing a trip report is always a labour of love, but it's so much easier when you've got another one booked up. I'm sure this is hard for you to write and you won't want it to be over too soon so that you can savour the memories all the longer.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
Let's gloss over the golf ( Day 19 has a new tale to tell)

Today was so memorable for us and that is why I made mention of what you said - to sit down in the country bear jamboree ( of all places!) and have someone recognise you from all these words typed with photo clues too was so memorable. The boys can't get their head around it still as they don't read all of it on The Dibb, it is just there and saved for them for the future.
Appreciate you actually asking the question as I know it is difficult - I have been there myself and felt a bit strange trying to join together trip reports and seeing a fellow Dibber in reality!

Love your words and if anything I type at the moment brings joy then I possibly need a go back and re-read from the start too !

What I wouldn't give to be back in Millers and just back in the pool and hot tub at Lake Wilson Preserve.

Take care and stay safe, hope you get your trip home and please keep in touch. x
Honestly I truly believe you always regret the things you don’t do! The worst thing you could have said to me was ‘what is The Dibb?’ and I would have only had to sit near you all for the Country Bear Jamboree show before running off to hide my embarrassment with a Dole Whip!

You have such a lovely family and you were all so kind to take time out of your day to chat with us. This is what I love about The Dibb, it really does bring like minded people together. You only have to see how many people have read your trip reports and also commented to see how much happiness it brings.

I absolutely agree, Miller’s sounds perfect right about now. The silver lining is that despite what is going on currently we all have such lovely memories to keep us going until our next trips (whenever that may be). I have everything crossed for our trip back to OZ but will happily postpone if we have too. Take care and I’m looking forward to day 19.
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 20, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Great to find you had put another day up I love your reports as you know and not much happening on trip reports at the moment 😒

Another good day can’t beat a meal at millers, I even did my version of garlic Parmesan zingers for tea last night 🤣🤣

Hope you and yours are fit and well

Joan
Thanks Joan - I will try to get the last bit of the trip done before everyone has a holiday to go on or write about

Glad you enjoyed the new day, however I'm intrigued about your Zingers - they sound a great reminder of Millers

We are indeed fit, well and climbing up the walls after a rainy weekend.

Hope you and Mick are well too and you haven't run out of jobs around the house for him during lockdown

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by EllieP View Post
Another fabulous day! It has really cheered me up after our July BA flights were cancelled today ☹️
Fantastic is one of my favourite shows too and a visit to Millers is definitely on the food list for next time. Never been in our 9 visits despite it being on the list for about 3-4 years. Loving your report, thanks for posting.
I really feel for you. I can't imagine just how I would feel if that happened to us.

Glad you are enjoying reading the report, make sure you keep Millers in the list for the future, consistently good for us and that means we always have a great time there.

Fantasmic is much missed in this house and we keep seeking out youtube just for a little reminder of the music and the show.

Appreciate your comments especially when it must be so awful to have your holiday cancelled - sending a Dibb hug just to share that feeling.

Take care and now start planning for the next trip!

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 20, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

What a fantastic day! We love sorcerers of the magic kingdom, it's a great concept which opened my eyes to even more of the small details which make the place so magical. 44 degrees though..
Wow hot!
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by flo-tinka View Post
Crazy golf then 2 parks and a meal! Great day😀
Thanks for the certification btw
Certificate is in the post

Glad you enjoyed reading about today - I never think about how we manage to get two parks in It just seems to happen

Old 16 Jun 20, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Ilovesnowwhite View Post
Wow what a day love doing take two pictures A wine by the pool at the end of the day sounds perfect
xx
Glad you enjoyed reading about our day

Take 2 pics are really funny to look back on and first to just compare how much the children have grown and then to recognise just how quickly time has passed

Wine at the end of the day was well deserved

Appreciate you reading and posting a message too - Thank you

Old 19 Jun 20, 01:07 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by jothp View Post
I was pleased to see you'd posted another day. The mini golf is something else that we've never got around to doing. There is just so much to fit in.

You did well at MK to get through all your FPs before the rain came. It can be very strange sometimes to see how close the rain is even though you're stood in glorious sunshine. How nice to meet another dibber. We love sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom. The cards make a lovely souvenir. We have before now spent a whole morning doing a few FPs and playing the game.

Fantasmic was my favourite night time show on our first trip and I was a bit sad that we missed it on our second trip. I'm hoping that by the time we eventually get to go again that it will be back on.

I'm looking forward to the next day.

The mini golf is a little used part of the UK ultimate ticket and is great fun

In Magic Kingdom we got lucky and also recognised it was not a day to try to do much more than FP's.
Sorcerer's is an immersive game and really allows for an appreciation of parts of Mk that are often missed in the quest for rides, characters and food!
Was great to meet Sparksy72 in Country Bear Jamboree - wonderful to know that from all the trip reports days I have posted , we are recognisable! Never even though that was possible

As for Fantasmic - when you next go - have a look if there are two shows the second is so much easier to get a great seat to view and you can make great use of the rest of the park whilst the first show is full
An amazing show and one that is so underrated as a night time spectacular.

I've got Day 19 posted too