Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 1 Jan 21, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
So my Westie listens to fireworks on Alexa and on you tube and doesn’t Flinch but as soon as they start for real she freaks. It’s not a few time’s a year but randomly from October onwards, she barks for hours and Is distraught. I know lots of you don’t give a flying fart if shes upset or not or any other animals for that matter. That says more about you than the poor animals that don’t understand what the loud bangs are! I am actually shocked how nasty lots of you are!
Silent fireworks and everyone’s happy or can’t you enjoy them unless there’s a loud bang for you all to get excited!
Please show me where anyone has said they don’t give one if an animal is upset ?

And I must have missed the survey when everyone was asked their opinion on silent fireworks .
For me there are 2 elements that make up fireworks , noise and colour . Take one away and it’s like Ant without Dec , football without fans , dogs without cuddles .
I don’t get ‘ bangers’ because they are just noise - to me they aren’t fireworks

To me it’s all about give and take.
I will put up with being scared by dogs 365 days a year if people can put up with fireworks for considerably less days a year
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by GrumpyDopey&Me View Post
Thank you. I didn’t mean to upset anyone. I love fireworks and don’t have a pet so won’t come from the same view I was just trying to give an alternative spin on it

However I am curious to those that hate fireworks and want them banned do they watch the fireworks when at Disney?
I think people are referring to the public being able to buy them , I would definitely back that ban .
Public displays are no where near as bad as people letting them off in crowded neighbourhoods .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Please show me where anyone has said they don’t give one if an animal is upset ?

And I must have missed the survey when everyone was asked their opinion on silent fireworks .
For me there are 2 elements that make up fireworks , noise and colour . Take one away and it’s like Ant without Dec , football without fans , dogs without cuddles .
I don’t get ‘ bangers’ because they are just noise - to me they aren’t fireworks

To me it’s all about give and take.
I will put up with being scared by dogs 365 days a year if people can put up with fireworks for considerably less days a year
But its not one or two days a year it’s lots more than that and randomly so you’re not prepared! I could handle 2 days of fireworks a year but it’s more like October onwards whenever they like. I like fireworks but not the big explosive bangs that are more like bombs, in Italy they have silent fireworks. It’s sad that dogs frighten you but that doesn't mean they should suffer because they scare you! I think we will have to agree to differ on this subject!

Edited at 01:39 PM.
Sandra & co is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

The dog we have now doesn’t react at all to fireworks, but we have had a dog in the past who was terrified, panting, hiding etc., however, we love fireworks and I certainly don’t think they should be banned. It’s a tradition in the Uk and although I love animals, I also love tradition and don’t think we should have it taken from us. I think it’s something we just have to accept will happen and get on with it, like we always have.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
But its not one or two days a year it’s lots more than that and randomly so you’re not prepared! I could handle 2 days of fireworks a year but it’s more like October onwards whenever they like. I like fireworks but not the big explosive bangs that are more like bombs, in Italy they have silent fireworks. It’s sad that dogs frighten you but that doesn't mean they should suffer because they scare you! I think we will have to agree to differ on this subject!
I don’t think we will agree but there is nothing wrong with a healthy discussion
I have never said it’s just one or two days a year , but it’s not every day from October to December like some people seem to imply and even if it was it’s still only a quarter of the time that I have to manage my anxiety over dogs
You must also see the irony that you say dogs shouldn’t suffer because they scare me ( not that I have ever said they should - I accept the situation ) but by implication it appears in your view humans who enjoy fireworks should suffer by being limited to 2 days because they scare your dogs . Not much compromise there .

It’s a shame you aren’t going to contribute to this thread any more
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads

Edited at 02:59 PM.
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

To me, being a pet owner is a huge responsibility for their owners. Whether that be to handle their waste properly or to take the necessary precautions when there are fireworks - or the many other aspects.
Fireworks happen and we know pretty much the main times this happens. Surely owners should take the necessary steps to ensure their pets are safe? That comes as part of the responsibility. If you cant change it, you have to deal with it.
We all have to share where we live.

Edited at 02:27 PM.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Some posts have been removed from this thread due to personal comments being made against another member or members. Unfriendly personal comments are in breach of our T&C’s.

By all means debate a topic but please keep it civil and friendly even if you don’t agree with a differing opinion.

Thank you.

Oh... and “HAPPY” New Year everyone 🙂

Edited at 02:56 PM.
Stu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Come and live near me!

We get fireworks going off a lot. Mainly due to the number of Bar and Bat Mitzvah's held by local residents.

You get used to them but it's frustrating when they go off just as one is on the point of falling asleep. Hey ho bigger issues going on in the World.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Some posts have been removed from this thread due to personal comments being made against another member or members. Unfriendly personal comments are in breach of our T&C’s.

By all means debate a topic but please keep it civil and friendly even if you don’t agree with a differing opinion.

Thank you.

Oh... and “HAPPY” New Year everyone 🙂
Sorry Stu I got carried away, I won’t retaliate in future but last night was a bit of a nightmare with our Westie! I’m am keeping 🤐 from now on x
Old 1 Jan 21, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
I don’t think we will agree but there is nothing wrong with a healthy discussion
I have never said it’s just one or two days a year , but it’s not every day from October to December like some people seem to imply and even if it was it’s still only a quarter of the time that I have to manage my anxiety over dogs
You must also see the irony that you say dogs shouldn’t suffer because they scare me ( not that I have ever said they should - I accept the situation ) but by implication it appears in your view humans who enjoy fireworks should suffer by being limited to 2 days because they scare your dogs . Not much compromise there .

It’s a shame you aren’t going to contribute to this thread any more
Let’s be realistic here , no human has ever “suffered” because they couldn’t set off fireworks ..
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread