Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 1 Jan 21, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MillyMoo View Post
I cant even pretend to understand how a firework can be more precious and loved than something with a beating heart and feelings - but I guess that is something that we cant agree on.

I have just eaten a very big roast dinner (no meat by the way) and im going to lay on the sofa with my poorly cat, watch jurassic park and eat a bit more chocolate! 🥰
Just for fun would you prefer a firework in the sky or a spider in your bedroom ? 😂😂
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Thanks Fizzy
I have enjoyed the discussion - sorry if you haven’t .
It does frustrate me though when people love their dogs so much that it appears they become blinkered to anything else
When 250,000 people go to hospital in the UK with dog bites but when nearly every owner as their dog bounds up to you just says ‘ don't worry Rover is a big softie and wouldn’t hurt a fly ‘ I must admit it annoys me
I wish I wasn’t afraid - I have never been seriously attacked but the numbers don’t lie

Enjoy the rest of your New Years Day 😀

Ex theatre nurse. Lost count of the kids I've had through theatre because grannies dog wouldn't hurt a fly. But like everything in life, dogs, covid, drinking etc. Not one size fits all and not everyone is responsible and everyone has a different outlook depending on Thier individual life experiences.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Just for fun would you prefer a firework in the sky or a spider in your bedroom ? 😂😂
Quite happy with a spider!
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
Are you bored and looking for a argument? Not biting lol 😂
And you take your dog to bed 😀😀weird
Haven’t you heard of kennels
jdouds is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
And you take your dog to bed 😀😀weird
Haven’t you heard of kennels
Excuse me! Lots of bored people on the dibb today!
Old 1 Jan 21, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CAD View Post
As a previous owner of a dog, I actually agree with that. The amount of times I had a big dog come over to me or my dog with the owner shouting “it’s ok, he’s a big softy”. No mate your dog should be on a lead the same as my dog is.

I was involved in an incident between an off lead dog and my own dog once which petrified me. Fortunately no one was hurt but it could have easily turned out that way.

Because of that incident I am more cautious and as a result I would never dream of walking my dog off lead (no matter how big or small the dog is) as i have been on the other side of it.
It didn’t help when I saw from my window a big dog come up the banking from behind our house , jump over a 6 foot fence and kill next doors rabbit 😪
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MillyMoo View Post
I cant even pretend to understand how a firework can be more precious and loved than something with a beating heart and feelings - but I guess that is something that we cant agree on.

I have just eaten a very big roast dinner (no meat by the way) and im going to lay on the sofa with my poorly cat, watch jurassic park and eat a bit more chocolate! 🥰
No meat ah not dinner😀
jdouds is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

It didn’t help when I saw from my window a big dog come up the banking from behind our house , jump over a 6 foot fence and kill next doors rabbit 😪
We live near some woods (about 3 streets away) and there was a lady walking her dog down there. He was an ex racing greyhound and he bolted from the fields, ram across the roads, cleared our fence and had one of my cats in his mouth. It was horrific to see. She got away incredibly lightly considering what happened, and his nose took a bit of a battering from her claws. It actually made her a total wreck and she wouldn't leave the house for a really long time, and never left the garden again.

I'm sorry you saw what you did, it sounds really awful
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

I’ve just scanned through these posts but they all seem to be about humans, cats and dogs. Does no one care about the actual wildlife out there? What about birds?
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
Excuse me! Lots of bored people on the dibb today!
Dogs in bed, I know lots do but really.
Closed Thread