Old 24 Feb 12, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Siddex
Very Serious Dibber

Siddex's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Celebrating My 40th In Dubai Trip Report - Summary

Summary:
Well this was a bit of a different trip for us, as we are usually whizzing around theme parks with children in tow. And I don’t think the laid back lifestyle really suited us, as we were both quite bored! Everything is so spaced out, so you can’t really decide to just have a wander for an hour. You really need transportation to get anywhere, although Taxis are incredibly cheap.

We probably would not go back to Dubai by ourselves, but we have said we would like to take the children one day. I was surprised how ‘family friendly’ Dubai was and I think the weather, the beach and other attractions make this a good place to take your family – although not in the summer holidays – due to the climate!

The Grosvenor House Hotel is an amazing hotel and the service there is out of this world. I have never encountered people or service like that in all my travels and I can see why this hotel is so highly rated on TA.

The Desert Safari was another absolute highlight for me and I will never forget that day or indeed seeing the sun set across the desert.
Siddex is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 12, 01:11 AM  
Link to this Post

Thank you for sharing,I have enjoyed reading all about Dubai. Must consider it one day.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 12, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsG26
Excited about Disney

I enjoyed your report immensely, I have always toyed with the idea of going to Dubai but then always find somewhere else that I want to travel to that takes precedence, so its given me something to think about again. I understand what u mean about being bored sometimes, we always go on family holidays but last year my husband and I left our 4 yr old with grandparents and we flew to Barbados for 1 wk. whilst we absolutely adored our holiday there were times when sitting on the beach for hours at a time did get a little boring... only because we are so used to whizzing about entertaining our daughter, but it's still nice to get some adult time too.

I just wanted to ask you about the entertainer, u spoke of in ur posts.
my father in law is coming home to visit from Australia for a few weeks and en route him and his wife are staying in Dubai for 3 nights, they have never been and he is also celebrating his birthday whilst there so I am helping them with ideas of what to do etc. does the entertainer give discounts etc and if so where could I get it? Thanks.
Dec 09/10: Xmas & New Year in Australia. 2010: La Croix Du Vieux Pont, Paris. 2011: Barbados, Duinrell & La Croix Du Vieux Pont 2012: Bella Italia, Lake Garda 2013: Tenerife 2014: Dubai, Benidorm 2015: New York , Orlando 2016: Tenerife, DLP 2017: Tenerife, Olu Deniz, Benalmadena 2018: Berlin, Tenerife, Dubai
MrsG26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 12, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post

thanks for taking the time to do a trippie i really enjoyed it.we have stayed at the le royal meridien on several occasions but have never got the shuttle over to the grosvenor we must do that next time.Glad you had a great time
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 12, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
RT7
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mrsgillies2b View Post
I enjoyed your report immensely, I have always toyed with the idea of going to Dubai but then always find somewhere else that I want to travel to that takes precedence, so its given me something to think about again. I understand what u mean about being bored sometimes, we always go on family holidays but last year my husband and I left our 4 yr old with grandparents and we flew to Barbados for 1 wk. whilst we absolutely adored our holiday there were times when sitting on the beach for hours at a time did get a little boring... only because we are so used to whizzing about entertaining our daughter, but it's still nice to get some adult time too.

my father in law is coming home to visit from Australia for a few weeks and en route him and his wife are staying in Dubai for 3 nights, they have never been and he is also celebrating his birthday whilst there so I am helping them with ideas of what to do etc. does the entertainer give discounts etc and if so where could I get it? Thanks.
The Entertainer Book gives hundreds of discounts and can save you a lot of money.
You can buy it in one of the supermarkets in Dubai or order it online and have it delivered to the hotel you are staying at. (we bought ours on ebay for about half the price and only a few of the coupons had been used).
Old 2 Mar 12, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
RT7
Imagineer

Have to agree it is a completely different kind of holiday to Florida!
It suits me well as I just love a lazy week in the sun.
Cannot praise enough the standard of service you receive in Dubai.

Enjoyed reading your trip report Mark, thank you for sharing.
Old 2 Mar 12, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Siddex
Very Serious Dibber

Siddex's Reviews
Originally Posted by mrsgillies2b View Post

The Entertainer book has hundreds of discount coupons . Loads of restaurants and cafes in there. Most of the vouchers are 2 for 1 offers, so work out if the number of meals they would have make it a worthwhile purchase. I purchased mine brand new and had it delivered to my hotel for my arrival. I then sold it on Ebay once I got home and recouped all bar about £10 of my original outlay.

As RT7 has said, you can pre-purchase one for delivery to a hotel, or you can pick one up out there. Most supermarkets sell them or you can even purchase a used one before you go.

I had used about 6 vouchers from the one I sold and there were still hundreds of vouchers left.

HTH

Mark
Siddex is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 12, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
lovedisney
Imagineer

Thanks for your trippy really enjoyed it! We are off very soon with the 3 kids staying at the jebel ali( all inc) which is about 40 min away but we are quite happy with as theres plenty for the kids to do and it has free transfers to jumeirah beach, we have booked Wild wadi and burj khalifa and plan to do the souks, malls etc
lovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 12, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Siddex
Very Serious Dibber

Siddex's Reviews
Originally Posted by lovedisney View Post
Thanks for your trippy really enjoyed it! We are off very soon with the 3 kids staying at the jebel ali( all inc) which is about 40 min away but we are quite happy with as theres plenty for the kids to do and it has free transfers to jumeirah beach, we have booked Wild wadi and burj khalifa and plan to do the souks, malls etc
Sounds great, enjoy your trip.
Old 5 Apr 12, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
3Lions
Apprentice Imagineer

Let me know if you have any questions. I live in Dubai.
3Lions is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List